Choose style:

Author Topic: Dropbox Woes  (Read 1146 times)

Offline jlschwartz

• Trusted User
  • Forum User
    • View Profile
  • Peppermint version(s): Peppermint 10 - 64bit
Re: Dropbox Woes
« Reply #15 on: August 16, 2018, 03:51:46 pm »
I have been trying pCloud and found one thing that's a problem for me.  When using an iphone or ipad, it will not open a password protected file easily.  It gives an error opening the document.  If you then go to airdrop and select open in excel the file will open ask for the password and then open in read only mode.

This problem does not exist in Dropbox or Mega.  I talked with support in pCloud several times, and they could not or would not provide a solution for that issue.  They kept saying it was a problem with my OS.  Which cannot be the case or the files would not open in Dropbox or Mega with any problem.  It may be a minor issue but it is important to me.  If anyone knows of way around this issue please let me know.

Offline caskin

• nOOb
  • New Forum User
    • View Profile
  • Peppermint version(s): 9
« Reply #16 on: August 17, 2018, 05:48:04 pm »
I have been trying pCloud and found one thing that's a problem for me.  When using an iphone or ipad, it will not open a password protected file easily.  It gives an error opening the document.  If you then go to airdrop and select open in excel the file will open ask for the password and then open in read only mode.

This problem does not exist in Dropbox or Mega.  I talked with support in pCloud several times, and they could not or would not provide a solution for that issue.  They kept saying it was a problem with my OS.  Which cannot be the case or the files would not open in Dropbox or Mega with any problem.  It may be a minor issue but it is important to me.  If anyone knows of way around this issue please let me know.

I tried it myself and did the same thing for me.  I went to Excel settings and added Pcloud location, then tried opening from Pcloud folder inside of Excel app and it works like normal.

Offline jlschwartz

• Trusted User
  • Forum User
    • View Profile
  • Peppermint version(s): Peppermint 10 - 64bit
« Reply #17 on: August 24, 2018, 11:31:44 am »
Caskin, please give more detail on where you changed the excel settings.  I can't find the place for that.  :-\
Other than that I really like pCloud.  Thanks.

Offline caskin

• nOOb
  • New Forum User
    • View Profile
  • Peppermint version(s): 9
« Reply #18 on: August 25, 2018, 04:49:15 pm »
I think i went to Add a place, or maybe it just found it automatically. Anyway i just click More and browse the Pcloud location.