Choose style:

Author Topic: Peppermint 9 on Lenovo 120s with 4Gb Ram (Intel N4200) and 32Gb emmc?  (Read 149 times)

Offline esjay

• New Forum User
    • View Profile
  • Peppermint version(s): 9
Hi everybody, nice offer for a low budget machine and therefore I am having hard times to withstand. Do you think the specs will be a problem to install Peppermint as the only OS? Edit: I ask because of the 32GB EMMC drive. I have no idea if this may cause trouble during the installation (lack of support?).

Lenovo 120S-14IAP 81A500ACGE 14", Intel Pentium N4200, 4GB Onboard Ram (LPDDR4 2400), 32GB EMMC, W10
« Last Edit: July 14, 2018, 07:43:35 am by esjay »

Online PCNetSpec

• Administrator
  • Hero
  • "-rw-rw-rw-" .. The Number Of The Beast
    • View Profile
    • PCNetSpec
  • Peppermint version(s): Peppermint 8R and 9
I reckon this should give you a clue
https://www.reddit.com/r/LenovoLaptops/comments/7aedik/linux_on_lenovo_ideapad_120s11iap/
I'd expect the 14IAP to act similarly.

eMMC shouldn't be a problem in and of itself.

Linux has no problems booting from memory cards (or any other type of flash memory) as long as the BIOS presents it as a block device and supports booting from it .. and in this case (as the primary drive) I'd be pretty certain the BIOS will, otherwise NO OS would be able to boot from it.

Obviously I can't talk for the compatibility of the rest of the hardware though.
WARNING: You are logged into reality as 'root' .. logging in as 'insane' is the only safe option.

Team Peppermint
PCNetSpec

Offline esjay

• New Forum User
    • View Profile
  • Peppermint version(s): 9
Thanks a lot, you made my day.
That is exactly the link I should have found on my own.... ;)

Online PCNetSpec

• Administrator
  • Hero
  • "-rw-rw-rw-" .. The Number Of The Beast
    • View Profile
    • PCNetSpec
  • Peppermint version(s): Peppermint 8R and 9
You're most welcome esjay :)
WARNING: You are logged into reality as 'root' .. logging in as 'insane' is the only safe option.

Team Peppermint
PCNetSpec