Choose style:

Author Topic: Very Slow Boot Process in Peppermint9  (Read 2323 times)

Offline plumtreed

• Been using Peppermint since it's start-up
    • View Profile
  • Peppermint version(s): 10 64bit
Re: Very Slow Boot Process in Peppermint9
« Reply #15 on: June 28, 2018, 05:51:18 pm »
At risk of being labeled a troglodyte I gotta jump in and point out that that INXI -Fz doesn't distinguish between HDD and SSD!

I installed an SSD when Peppermint 7 arrived and enjoyed all the benefits, the KingDian is an SSD......but I continued with a 32Bit version (cos I am a Trog?)

Obviously 32Bit is a thing of the past and I could see a need for change..........so I dusted off the old HDD and slipped it into the optical drive space to test Peppermint9..........I also didn't partition Peppermint7 properly so the change over is going to involve some file swapping but really nothing serious. The serious stuff is on the desktop!

......so, your preaching to the converted who is very happy with Peppermint9 (.....and SSDs)
« Last Edit: June 28, 2018, 06:40:12 pm by plumtreed »

Offline AndyInMokum

• Global Moderator
  • Hero
  • "Keep on Rockin' in the Free World"
    • View Profile
  • Peppermint version(s): PM 9 & PM 8 Respin-2 (64-bit)
« Reply #16 on: June 28, 2018, 06:56:24 pm »
Sure the inxi-Fz command doesn't distinguish between the "type" of drive.  It does give the model though.  It's good to know you're already an SSD user.  They really are the bee's knees  ;).
Backup! Backup! Backup! If you're missing any of these -  you ain't Backed Up!
For my system info please L/click HERE.

Offline plumtreed

• Been using Peppermint since it's start-up
    • View Profile
  • Peppermint version(s): 10 64bit
« Reply #17 on: June 28, 2018, 09:21:39 pm »
All joking aside and despite the speed of SSDs, my initial installation was heavily impeded by a 'known' bug and not solely because of my elderly laptop's spinner.

With Pin's obvious enlightenment we have effected a suitable 'work-around' only. We have not addressed or gone any where near fixing the   core issue..........which is way beyond me! :'(