Choose style:

Author Topic: Peppermint 9 Released .. go get it :)  (Read 6243 times)

Offline clatterfordslim

• nOOb
  • New Forum User
    • View Profile
  • Peppermint version(s): Nine
Re: Peppermint 9 Released .. go get it :)
« Reply #60 on: July 10, 2018, 05:15:13 am »
Team Peppermint are pleased to announce the immediate availability of the Peppermint 9 ISO's

You can get them from the regular place, the main Peppermint website:
https://peppermintos.com
then click one of the red download buttons.

You can read the release announcement here:
https://peppermintos.com/2018/06/peppermint-9-released/

We hope you enjoy it :)

I'm enjoying the pants out of Pep 9, a lot of people are having problems in 18.04 with Nvidia drivers, luckily now I've said it  :D I have had no said problems. Just want to say thank you Peppermint team, for making all my computing world brilliant.  ;)
« Last Edit: July 10, 2018, 05:37:10 am by PCNetSpec, Reason: fixed smileys »

Online PCNetSpec

• Administrator
  • Hero
  • "-rw-rw-rw-" .. The Number Of The Beast
    • View Profile
    • PCNetSpec
  • Peppermint version(s): Peppermint 8R, 9, and 9R
« Reply #61 on: July 10, 2018, 05:39:20 am »
As always you're most welcome CS, keep spreading the word on your YT channel .. much appreciated :)
WARNING: You are logged into reality as 'root' .. logging in as 'insane' is the only safe option.

Team Peppermint
PCNetSpec

Offline coyote

• Peppermint User
    • View Profile
  • Peppermint version(s): Peppermint 8 Respin + 9 (64bit)
« Reply #62 on: October 07, 2018, 07:34:03 am »
big thanks to the "pepp-team"!  ;)

for myself, i don't know...
maybe i am a little bit disappointed...  :o

i love PM8 respin. it runs great, has for me no problems, and it looks and feels very nice...
the out-of-the-box-experience is awesome...

it is hard and sad to say, but PM9 is not near as good...
i really miss the "peppermix-theme" (the new one, based on arc, makes it all bigger, and sized it all up) and some new "Ray Bilcliff's"-wallpaper...
i know it is just the look & feel, but it is somewhere important to me...
anyway, thats just me. in the end of the day you can customized it to the way you want...
i have to tweak more settings to make PM9 working great like PM8 does (for example automount)...
maybe it (PM9) needs a little more time to me. don't know if i should upgrade my PM8 respin...

anyway, again: great job! please keep up the good work!

now, after five weeks on PM9, i give PM9 a 8/10...
its not bad, its because there are many good distros out there...
it works fine on my laptop...
my desktop runs PM8 respin...
would i change, no...
my PM8 respin works, looks and feels beautiful  (out-of-the-box it is all in there)...

like in my first impression, i have to tweak more to get it run the way i prefer...
if i had some wishes for PM9 respin, so please:

- bring the automount back (peppermint-volman), or at least into the repos...
- a nice-looking dark-theme. the peppermix-theme on PM7/8 is awesome. sadly it doesn't work on PM9. the new PM9-dark-themes based on arc looks boring to me. nothing special. something dark based on numix, or adapta would be nice. like the beautiful peppermix-icons, they are unique. adapta-theme in the repos would be nice too...
-font configuration. i notice that on many others distros too. especially in firefox for example. what i do, i copy the /etc/fonts -folder from PM8 to PM9. this looks so much better...

that would be great...

Online PCNetSpec

• Administrator
  • Hero
    • View Profile
    • PCNetSpec
« Reply #63 on: October 08, 2018, 09:23:40 am »
Gtk theming is unlikely to change in the respin, but possibly (in fact **probably**) for Peppermint 10

peppermint-volman .. I'll consider this, but maybe just as a package in the repos as I personally find it annoying

Fonts .. I'll see what differences there are between the PM8 and PM9 pre-installed fonts.
WARNING: You are logged into reality as 'root' .. logging in as 'insane' is the only safe option.

Team Peppermint
PCNetSpec

Offline stevesveryown

• Peppermint Fan
    • View Profile
    • stevesveryown
  • Peppermint version(s): Peppermint 8 & Peppermint 9
« Reply #64 on: October 09, 2018, 12:09:07 am »
PCNetSpec, if I may, since you are talking about gtk theme, the Peppermint-Grey-Dark theme, when used, wasn't showing the volume levels in Pulse Audio.  I posted a screen shot of Grey and Red to show the difference.

https://plus.google.com/photos/108119382432572544511/album/6610200857449161505/6610200858900621154?authkey=CLi5r86GuNnipQE&sqid=118252788430477557487&ssid=3f32a6e1-bd61-434b-9cbc-891de3d7f98b

I was invited to join Total OS Today on a live chat and was told there was no volume.  I brought up Pulse Audio and saw no levels.  It took me a while to figure it out but I had recently been playing around with the different Peppermint themes.  I know sometimes some themes just don't work right.  Sure enough, when I changed back to Red I was able to see levels.  Not a big thing but I thought I would let you know.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2018, 03:20:33 am by PCNetSpec »
Thanks!

Steve

My main machine:
AMD FX-8320 Piledriver (Vishera) 3.5GHz (4.1GHz turbo) (Eight Core) AM3+ 8MB Cache
AMD Black Edition Copper HeatPipe EXTRA QUIET fan
NVIDIA GeForce GT 730
ASUS SABERTOOTH 990FX AM3+, SLI & Cross Fire, SATA3, USB 3.0
16GB (2x8GB) PC17000 DDR3 2133 Dual Channel (high

Online PCNetSpec

• Administrator
  • Hero
    • View Profile
    • PCNetSpec
« Reply #65 on: October 09, 2018, 03:20:53 am »
I'll see if I can fix it for the respin Steve .. I have a feeling the volume is probably displaying, it's just displaying the same colour as the background.

Team Peppermint
PCNetSpec