Choose style:

Author Topic: how to open folders and activators with one click (SOLVED)  (Read 503 times)

Offline Slav

• nOOb
  • New Forum User
    • View Profile
  • Peppermint version(s): 8
Do You know how to do thgat in Pepper 8 ???? THX for all answers if You do (:
« Last Edit: May 08, 2018, 06:42:46 pm by PCNetSpec »

Online PCNetSpec

• Administrator
  • Hero
  • "-rw-rw-rw-" .. The Number Of The Beast
    • View Profile
    • PCNetSpec
  • Peppermint version(s): Peppermint 8R, 9, and 9R
Yes

a) make sure "Tap to click Enabled" is ticked in:-
Menu > Preferences > Peppermint Control Center > Keyboard & Pointer (tab)

b) Open the file manager, and go to:-
Edit > Preferences > Behaviour (tab)
and tick "Single click to open items"

Done :)

BTW, welcome to the forum :)
WARNING: You are logged into reality as 'root' .. logging in as 'insane' is the only safe option.

Team Peppermint
PCNetSpec

Offline Slav

• nOOb
  • New Forum User
    • View Profile
Big thanks, Buddy, you helped me a lot. Never got to this place and there are a lot of decent settings in it. Keep healthy and help when needed. Everything returns to us sooner or later (: Thank you very much for welcoming me on the forum (: I am 36 years old and this is my first post on the internet on the forum Serious .. and I got the answer on the same day (: I hope I can remember this a few times during my life (: cool (: NEVER GIVE UP ! (:

Online PCNetSpec

• Administrator
  • Hero
    • View Profile
    • PCNetSpec
You're more than welcome Slav, glad i could help :)
WARNING: You are logged into reality as 'root' .. logging in as 'insane' is the only safe option.

Team Peppermint
PCNetSpec

Offline Slav

• nOOb
  • New Forum User
    • View Profile
Re: how to open folders and activators with one click (SOLVED)
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2018, 02:38:07 pm »
Well. If I am so welcome, I will ask another question bothering me (I dream about making my peppermint 8 a safe fortress) I do not want to worry about some simple attacks by young hackers, viruses etc. I would like my linux to be well protected against pest spies and surveillance Do you have an idea how can I do it ??? I have activated the firewall - the coat of arms in the colors of Italy green and red - with good music in the form of a rematch, I post an album to listen to opeth - ghost reveries if you do not know it yet (: small offtop (:
I wonder if in addition to the firewall you can still harden this peppermint (: THX BRO for the welcome!

Online PCNetSpec

• Administrator
  • Hero
    • View Profile
    • PCNetSpec
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2018, 03:25:31 pm »
Viruses IMHO you can pretty much ignore if you stick to getting your software from the main repos.

Hackers .. is your computer ever used on a public network (such as an airport/university/coffee shop/etc.) ?
If you do, the #1 thing you should be thinking of is an end to end encrypted VPN .. so even if someone intercepts your wireless, it's just gibberish to them.
If on the other hand your PC is always at home behind a NAT router, you likely don't even need the firewall .. unless there's someone on your local network you don't trust.

BTW, I marked this topic as (SOLVED) for you earlier .. normally this would be your job, by editing the FIRST posting in the topic and appending "(SOLVED)" to the subject line.

The reason I mentioned this is forum responders rarely read posts marked as (SOLVED), so it's normally better to start a new topic with a subject line that specifically reflects the question .. that way if a solution is found that topic can also be marked (SOLVED) which helps people searching for a working solution to a similar issue.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2018, 03:31:14 pm by PCNetSpec »

Team Peppermint
PCNetSpec

Offline Slav

• nOOb
  • New Forum User
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2018, 05:07:01 pm »
I understand. Thank you for ALL ANSWERS
Next questions are already on the topic. This is closed (:

Cool I use a wifi router at home, that is, I am roughly safe.

Thank you again, my friend

Your advices are Very helpfull