Choose style:

Author Topic: Question regarding wifi networks default choice (SOLVED)  (Read 254 times)

Offline markba633csi

• New Forum User
    • View Profile
  • Peppermint version(s): 6.0
Question regarding wifi networks default choice (SOLVED)
« on: April 30, 2018, 10:12:50 pm »
I have a DSL home wifi connection which has been working fine.  I recently looked at the available wifi networks my computer is detecting in the neighborhood and noticed Xfinity wifi and several other wifi signals.  Foolishly I clicked on Xfinity, just out of curiosity.  Of course, without a password I cannot log on to it. However, each time I boot the computer now it tries to log on to Xfinity wifi.  I have to manually bring up the wifi menu and switch back to my local modem.
How can I force the computer back to connecting to my local modem by default as it did before?  Is there a step which requires re-entering the key?
Mark S.
Peppermint 6
« Last Edit: May 01, 2018, 06:24:41 pm by markba633csi »

Offline emegra

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
  • New Forum User
    • View Profile
  • Peppermint version(s): Peppermint 9 64bit
Re: Question regarding wifi networks default choice
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2018, 12:12:35 am »
Hi Mark

Try this
Click the network icon on the panel, click Edit Connections

Look for the Xfinity connection and delete it, if you can't identify the Xfinity connection specifically delete all wifi connections listed then go back to the Wifi menu and reconnect to your own connection, you will have to re-input your password, hopefully that will solve the problem

Good luck

Graeme
If you can keep your head while all around are losing theirs then you're not quite grasping the situation

Offline markba633csi

• New Forum User
    • View Profile
  • Peppermint version(s): 6.0
Re: Question regarding wifi networks default choice
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2018, 06:24:16 pm »
Thanks Graeme; I spoke too soon- discovered how to open the edit menu by right clicking and was able to delete the Xfinity.  Everything fine now.
Going on 3 yrs with Peppermint 6 and still loving it
even got my old scanner working with simplescan :)
Lenovo T-400
2.4Ghz Core2 duo
4Gb ram
Kudos to Mark and the dev team!
« Last Edit: May 01, 2018, 06:28:45 pm by markba633csi »