Choose style:

Author Topic: Cannot install mod-mono on Ubuntu 16.04 after Mono-Apache-Server 4.5 upgrade  (Read 1279 times)

Offline grafiksinc

• View Profile
  • Peppermint version(s): 9
This is not a Peppermint issue although I run this on Peppermint...but, I have  been posting this around the different communities I  partake in hopes on finding a solution.
But here is my  question for anyone using mono

Recently Mono was updated to 4.5-0xamarin3+ubuntu1604b1 from 4.4 when that happened my asp.net pages do not display properly i.e..... they just show code when you open the page in the web browser.
After looking at the Apache web server logs I noticed mod-mono was not installed anymore. From there I attempted to reinstall it by using this command
Code: [Select]
sudo apt-get install libapache2-mod-mono
This is the result that I get
Code: [Select]
The following packages have unmet dependencies:
 libapache2-mod-mono : Depends: mono-apache-server (< 4.4) but 4.5-0xamarin3+ubuntu1604b1 is to be installed or
                                mono-apache-server4 (< 4.4) but 4.5-0xamarin3+ubuntu1604b1 is to be installed or
                                mono-apache-server2 (< 4.4) but it is not installable
E: Unable to correct problems, you have held broken packages.

My next step is to downgrade but before I do I wanted to ask if others have seen this issue.
I know this is related to the Apache  mod because if I run the XSP server and or Nginx on the same box Mono / ASP.Net functions properly.

I also have the same Apache Setup on other computers and they all have the same issue, That indicates the issue is related to the update.
I have also already posted on the Mono Project community as well as the Ubuntu Stackoverflow...
But,... hey... I thought I did not want to leave out the Peppermint community  ;)

Online PCNetSpec

• Administrator
  • Hero
  • "-rw-rw-rw-" .. The Number Of The Beast
    • View Profile
    • PCNetSpec
  • Peppermint version(s): Peppermint 8R and 9
Where are you getting mono-apache-server 4.5-0xamarin3+ubuntu1604b1 from ?

That doesn't appear to be the version in the default repos, which is 4.2-2build1

This looks like a problem with your sources to me.
WARNING: You are logged into reality as 'root' .. logging in as 'insane' is the only safe option.

Team Peppermint
PCNetSpec

Offline grafiksinc

• View Profile
  • Peppermint version(s): 9
This is my source:
http://download.mono-project.com/repo/ubuntu/dists/stable-xenial main

I did put this in my sources awhile back...

Online PCNetSpec

• Administrator
  • Hero
  • "-rw-rw-rw-" .. The Number Of The Beast
    • View Profile
    • PCNetSpec
  • Peppermint version(s): Peppermint 8R and 9
Yeah someone here:
https://askubuntu.com/questions/1026218/im-experiencing-trouble-installing-libapache2-mod-mono/1026714
said he had to go back to the mono 5.10.1.20 snapshot for it to work.

Okay he had the raspbian versions of mono-apache-server*, but it was still version 4.5-0xamarin3, and the same error.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2018, 09:11:52 pm by PCNetSpec »
WARNING: You are logged into reality as 'root' .. logging in as 'insane' is the only safe option.

Team Peppermint
PCNetSpec