Choose style:

Author Topic: Adsense, Double Click, and Google Analytics -- When Do They Stop Following Us?  (Read 1197 times)

Offline perknh

• Trusted User
  • Hero
  • Soy un huevo, nada más.
    • View Profile
  • Peppermint version(s): Peppermint 10
We've been asked, very politely, to disable any ad blocking apps we might have on our particular browsers when we surf, read and discuss, or post here in Peppermint forum.  We've been asked to do this in order to help monetize this forum to help in the cost of keeping it going, and I for one see nothing wrong with honoring this request.

My concern is with what is tracking me after I leave this site.  My question is this:  Does Adsense, Double Click, and Google Analytics continue to follow us from Peppermint Nation after we leave this site.  My anti-tracking app is called DoNotTrack me from Abine, which is a Boston firm that I trust.

Does anyone know how far reaching these cookies go.  Now I have blocked ALL sites from tracking me -- except Peppermint, but I'm wondering after I let Adsense, Double Click, and Google Analytic onto Peppermint, do their tracking coolies follow my wife, or me, everywhere we go on the Internet after I've given these particular cookies permission to follow me here?   :-\

Thank you,

perknh

« Last Edit: July 20, 2014, 12:55:59 pm by perknh »
We're all Peppermint users and that's what matters  ;).  -- AndyInMokum

Offline PCNetSpec

• Administrator
  • Hero
  • "-rw-rw-rw-" .. The Number Of The Beast
    • View Profile
    • PCNetSpec
  • Peppermint version(s): Peppermint 8R, 9, and 9R
Whilst I'm only guessing here .. what would be the point in plugins like DoNotTrack and Ghostery having site whitelists if they follow you everywhere ?

As I said, that's pure assumption though  :-\
WARNING: You are logged into reality as 'root' .. logging in as 'insane' is the only safe option.

Team Peppermint
PCNetSpec

Offline perknh

• Trusted User
  • Hero
  • Soy un huevo, nada más.
    • View Profile
  • Peppermint version(s): Peppermint 10
That's what I'm hoping too. Peppermint forum is as far as I want those tracking cookies to go.
We're all Peppermint users and that's what matters  ;).  -- AndyInMokum