Choose style:

Author Topic: unfinshed installation  (Read 136 times)

Offline EWX

• nOOb
  • New Forum User
    • View Profile
  • Peppermint version(s): 8
unfinshed installation
« on: April 04, 2018, 05:32:41 am »
my computer shut down before the installation finished, after the partition when I was suposed to enter who am i.
I tried to install it again but since a partition is already made i would have to make the other partitions manually and i have no idea which ones or how much space to give them. some one posted this guide here
https://imgur.com/a/0pSrb
don't know if it's correct or what the patition var is for
I also found that i could erase the partition from windows but it's already marked as peppermint in the window were you can format the partitions, from the installer.
i quit the installer and it closed to peppermint but whitout programs or user. and when i restart the computer it either starts from the usb or from windows (depending what i change in bios)
So i don't know if there's a way to finish the instalation or if i have to install it from start again, what partitions to make or anything really i'm preaty noob to the whole linux thing but **** windows right?
I'f you could help me with anything it'd be awesome
TY
« Last Edit: April 04, 2018, 05:55:50 am by mac, Reason: language »

Offline pin

• Trusted User
  • Peppermint User
    • View Profile
  • Peppermint version(s): Peppermint 7 Respin (64bit)
Re: unfinshed installation
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2018, 05:59:26 am »
Do you want to dual-boot with windows? Or do you want to have the whole disk for Peppermint?
If you just want Peppermint, why not choosing Erase disk and install Peppermint?? It will do just that.

EDIT: It's possible to manually partition the drive but, why bother if you just want to have Peppermint. Or, did I miss the point?

By the way, welcome to Peppermint land  ;)
« Last Edit: April 04, 2018, 06:13:23 am by pin »

Offline perknh

• Trusted User
  • Hero
  • Soy un huevo que adora Peppermint.
    • View Profile
  • Peppermint version(s): Peppermint 8 (64-bit)
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2018, 06:54:51 am »
It's possible to manually partition the drive but, why bother if you just want to have Peppermint.

Hello EWX.  Welcome to Peppermint! :)

pin is spot-on here.  If you don't need Windows, just go with Erase disk and install Peppermint.  Peppermint is so simple to install, you'll wonder why you ever had Windows on your computer in the first place! ;)
If you love GNU/Linux, and have a taste for Peppermint, you're now where you belong!

Online PCNetSpec

• Administrator
  • Hero
  • "-rw-rw-rw-" .. The Number Of The Beast
    • View Profile
    • PCNetSpec
  • Peppermint version(s): Peppermint 8 Respin & 9 Alpha
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2018, 07:14:17 am »
Is the plan to keep Windows and dual-boot, or to just have Peppermint ?

And can you boot to the LiveUSB, then open a terminal, and post the output from running
Code: [Select]
sudo fdisk -l
and
Code: [Select]
sudo blkid
back here
WARNING: You are logged into reality as 'root' .. logging in as 'insane' is the only safe option.

Team Peppermint
PCNetSpec