Choose style:

Author Topic: Mozilla's radical open-source move helped rewrite rules of tech  (Read 348 times)

Online perknh

• Trusted User
  • Hero
  • Soy un huevo que adora Peppermint.
    • View Profile
  • Peppermint version(s): Peppermint 9 (64-bit)
Mozilla's radical open-source move helped rewrite rules of tech

A gamble 20 years ago unleashed the source code for the browser that became Firefox. The approach is now core to Facebook, Google and everyone else.

By Stephen Shankland for c|net

https://www.cnet.com/news/mozilla-open-source-firefox-move-helped-rewrite-tech-rules-anniversary/

This is a terrific article -- one of the best I've read in a long time.  Unfortunately c|net still has pop-up videos which are a real nuisance when you want to read an article; so, when reading this article on a home computer, be prepared to encounter one or two pop-up videos.   Still, I believe, the article is worth reading if you're interested in the history of open source software. 

Kudos to Mozilla! :)
We're all Peppermint users and that's what matters  ;). -- AndyInMokum

Offline christianvl

• The Wheel weaves as the Wheel wills
    • View Profile
  • Peppermint version(s): 9
Re: Mozilla's radical open-source move helped rewrite rules of tech
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2018, 02:53:43 pm »
Mozilla's radical open-source move helped rewrite rules of tech

A gamble 20 years ago unleashed the source code for the browser that became Firefox. The approach is now core to Facebook, Google and everyone else.

By Stephen Shankland for c|net

https://www.cnet.com/news/mozilla-open-source-firefox-move-helped-rewrite-tech-rules-anniversary/

This is a terrific article -- one of the best I've read in a long time.  Unfortunately c|net still has pop-up videos which are a real nuisance when you want to read an article; so, when reading this article on a home computer, be prepared to encounter one or two pop-up videos.   Still, I believe, the article is worth reading if you're interested in the history of open source software. 

Kudos to Mozilla! :)
Thanks for sharing!
There are neither beginnings or endings to the turning of the Wheel of Time. But it was a beginning.