Choose style:

Author Topic: Change the Firefox Tab Loading Burst Colour  (Read 1567 times)

Offline PCNetSpec

• Administrator
  • Hero
  • "-rw-rw-rw-" .. The Number Of The Beast
    • View Profile
    • PCNetSpec
  • Peppermint version(s): Peppermint 8R, 9, and 9R
Change the Firefox Tab Loading Burst Colour
« on: March 21, 2018, 09:10:56 am »
Have you ever noticed, when a tab finishes loading in Firefox there is a blue burst of colour across the tab ? (at least there is if you're using the default themeing in Peppermint 8 ).. ever wanted to change that burst colour to red to match the rest of the Peppermint themeing ?

if so, run:
Code: [Select]
xed ~/.mozilla/firefox/peppermint.default/chrome/userChrome.css
and make it read:
Code: [Select]
.tab-loading-burst[bursting]::before {
    fill: #CE3A3A !important
}
SAVE the file, and restart Firefox
« Last Edit: March 21, 2018, 12:04:06 pm by PCNetSpec »
WARNING: You are logged into reality as 'root' .. logging in as 'insane' is the only safe option.

Team Peppermint
PCNetSpec

Offline DenW

• Linux User - Peppermint Fan
    • View Profile
  • Peppermint version(s): Peppermint 10 upgrade 64bit
Re: Change the Firefox Tab Loading Burst Colour
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2018, 04:37:35 pm »
Would like to try this modification but in my P8 Respin install I do not have the /chrome/userChrome.css folder/file within the peppermint.default folder.  Are you creating /chrome/userChrome.css combo for this mod (and I assume I would have to be open as root for this to work)? 

Offline PCNetSpec

• Administrator
  • Hero
    • View Profile
    • PCNetSpec
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2018, 05:36:01 pm »
If the 'chrome' folder doesn't exist, just create it, then create the userChrome.css file in it (it's just a text file).

And NO, you don't need to create it as root as it's in your home folder ;)
WARNING: You are logged into reality as 'root' .. logging in as 'insane' is the only safe option.

Team Peppermint
PCNetSpec

Offline DenW

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2018, 09:39:08 pm »
Thanks for your clear reply to my questions.  I have done exactly as you directed and initially thought it was not working for me!  Then I figured out that I was using the Dark Theme in Firefox so I reset the Default Theme and yes I have the Peppermint color on my in-use tab.  However this does not work for either of the Light or Dark themes.  Is there a simple change to the file that would work for these themes?

Offline PCNetSpec

• Administrator
  • Hero
    • View Profile
    • PCNetSpec
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2018, 08:12:24 am »
Works for me in all themes.

The only proviso is that
toolkit.cosmeticAnimations.enabled
must be set to "true"
in
about:config

Which Gtk theme are you using ?

Team Peppermint
PCNetSpec

Offline DenW

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2018, 10:00:09 am »
Checked about:config but setting was already true.  My Windows Manager theme is Peppermix-Dark-7, Widget is Pepirus and Icon Theme is Pepirus-Dark.  However I tried Pepirus and Peppermix-Dark 7-Red for Windows Manager theme plus various Widget/Icon themes and no effect on Firefox tabs.  The other difference I notice in Firefox is highlighting text in search boxes is now red in Default setting but remains blue (for me!) in either Light or Dark theme.  However I don't think it worth pursuing unless others complain because I note that with my Peppermix-Dark-7 theme the Firefox window border is blue, so blue burst on Firefox tab kind of compliments it.  Anyway its all very minor as Peppermint 8 Respin is the best distro out there.  Thank you all for a wonderful system and look forward to P9, although I'm not sure what further improvements you can make except keeping up with latest Ubuntu LTS.
EDIT:  Just a thought - my Firefox is synced with other distros plus Windows 7 all running the Dark theme.  However I note that the Default theme on these other distros remains blue even as Peppermint Default stays red, so maybe no effect?
« Last Edit: April 03, 2018, 06:41:49 pm by DenW »