Choose style:

Author Topic: Peppermint clone from Xubuntu? (SOLVED)  (Read 602 times)

Offline mardi

• nOOb
  • New Forum User
    • View Profile
  • Peppermint version(s): Peppermint 8 respin
Peppermint clone from Xubuntu? (SOLVED)
« on: February 04, 2018, 07:12:39 am »
Hello,

I use Peppermint 8 as my daily operating system, but as an eternal distro hopper I like to experiment with other distros too. I just installed Voyager 18.04 Alpha to my other partition, because I wanted to get an advance feel of next LTS version. As you might know Voyager is Xubuntu based distro. However, the feel of lightness in Voyager is not exactly the same as in Xubuntu. I was wondering if it would be possible to create some kind of Peppermint clone from it. I suppose I would need to install some lxde and openbox stuff to get it right. What kind of procedure  you would suggest? I remember once trying to install xfwm in Lubuntu, but I had all kinds of little problems with it. Keyboard shortcuts didn't work and setting a wallpaper on desktop didn't work either.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2018, 08:25:55 am by mardi »

Offline mardi

• nOOb
  • New Forum User
    • View Profile
  • Peppermint version(s): Peppermint 8 respin
Re: Peppermint clone from Xubuntu? (SOLVED)
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2018, 08:34:43 am »
Considering how little interest this topic has raised, I'll make it solved. Probably it was a wrong question in a wrong forum anyway. I managed to modify my Voyager install to some point resembling Peppermint. Probably I will experiment more with Lubuntu. It's more natural, because Peppermint is based on it anyway.