Choose style:

Author Topic: Peppermint 8 Respin - how to update from Peppermint 8 ?  (Read 1058 times)

Offline pesteq

• nOOb
  • New Forum User
    • View Profile
  • Peppermint version(s): 8
Peppermint 8 Respin - how to update from Peppermint 8 ?
« on: December 08, 2017, 02:18:06 am »
I've got Peppermint 8 installed on my laptop. i'd like to upgrade it to Peppermint 8 Respin. Is it possible ? or i have to do clasic install from beginning with Peppermint 8 respin ?

Offline scifidude79

• Global Moderator
  • Hero
    • View Profile
  • Peppermint version(s): Peppermint 9
Re: Peppermint 8 Respin - how to update from Peppermint 8 ?
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2017, 06:19:21 am »
You shouldn't have to.  For the most part, the respin is just a new .iso with all of the updates from the last six months or so, to make a new install less time consuming.  All of the updates should come through the regular update channel.  Of course, that may or may not apply to stuff being replaced.  I know it is possible to do that through the regular update channel, I don't know if PCNetSpec will do that.  If he doesn't, it's not an extensive list, so you can do those things manually.  However, if nothing being replaced is causing issues, you may just want to leave that stuff alone, but that's up to you.

Offline pesteq

• nOOb
  • New Forum User
    • View Profile
  • Peppermint version(s): 8
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2017, 06:45:13 am »
OK, thanks for quick help :)

Offline PCNetSpec

• Administrator
  • Hero
  • "-rw-rw-rw-" .. The Number Of The Beast
    • View Profile
    • PCNetSpec
  • Peppermint version(s): Peppermint 8R, 9, and 9R
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2017, 11:05:31 am »
At some point we'll probably post instructions on the forum how to manually upgrade 8 to 8 Respin, but I hope you'll understand things are a bit manic at the moment and the instructions would need to be heavily tested before we could publish them officially .. thanks for your patience :)
WARNING: You are logged into reality as 'root' .. logging in as 'insane' is the only safe option.

Team Peppermint
PCNetSpec