Choose style:

Author Topic: Creating an Updated hybrid image  (Read 198 times)

Offline BillW

• nOOb
  • New Forum User
    • View Profile
  • Peppermint version(s): Peppermint 8
Creating an Updated hybrid image
« on: November 17, 2017, 01:01:01 pm »
So I have been going in circles trying to find sources that would give me at least an outline, never mind steps, on how to create a new hybrid image of peppermint (or any other linux distro).  Or alternatively modifing permanently (NOT through a persistence partition/file), the original ISO, so I can essentially create an updated version of the distro for my own use.
Could anybody send me to a howto or similar resource, that I can use for this?
While I vaguely remember a post from one of the Admins, possibly from the peppermint project, talking about the process (not actual steps if I remember right), the only thing I can find presently is this site:
https://www.pendrivelinux.com/create-your-own-live-linux-cd-or-usb-distribution/

and it seems to be outdated. 

Peppermint for the most part plays nicely with the different hardware I have available, but I do have a machine that needs a specific driver and without it is flaky enough that doing the update for the ethernet driver, is hit and miss, sometimes it will do it, sometimes it won't.  But generally the reason I want to know this information is so I can update the distro, burn it again onto an usb stick, and not use up all of my persistence partition/file.  Also I have one other distro I am trying to update so I can actually use it, (It apparently doesn't have the right drivers for the device I wish to run it on, so it drops off while updating, therefore it never gets stable enough to update.. because it can't update to begin with). 
Thanks