Choose style:

Author Topic: How to Auto Start Dual Monitor Setup(SOLVED)  (Read 889 times)

Offline alynur

• Trusted User
  • Veteran
  • Habitual Forum Browser
    • View Profile
  • Peppermint version(s): P 9R (64bit), P 10
How to Auto Start Dual Monitor Setup(SOLVED)
« on: October 30, 2017, 07:58:17 pm »
Hello Peppermint People, in a previous post we figured out how to mirror dual monitors, now I need to auto start  the configuration so that I don't have to go into Arandr and do it there every time I log on. In a post from June 12, 2016, gone belham wrote
"Decided to delete the .screenlayout folder (and the monitor.sh inside), thought about while out this afternoon and figured I must have messed something up when setting it up in ARandR.  Figured it couldn't hurt.   So, I opened ARandR again, re-set the monitors to the same thing,  had ARandR save it.  This time named the .sh script "dualmonitors.sh" for no other reason than good luck...haha...then did what you said  when you wrote:  use the "Add" button, and point it to the new dualmonitors.sh in .screenlayout in my home folder.  Worked like a charm!  I even used the "Add" button to point it to my conky.config file, and it too now starts at bootup." 
Okay, sounds like he got it to work, so my question is how do you point to the dualmonitor.sh in the home folder .screenlayout?
This would be in the LXSessions Autostart section. More specifically, what would I type in the Add box?
Thanks guys  :-\
« Last Edit: October 30, 2017, 11:11:00 pm by alynur »
What was I thinking?

Offline PCNetSpec

• Administrator
  • Hero
  • "-rw-rw-rw-" .. The Number Of The Beast
    • View Profile
    • PCNetSpec
  • Peppermint version(s): Peppermint 10
Re: How to Auto Start Dual Monitor Setup
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2017, 08:16:25 pm »
I'm lost alynur, your post seems to suggest you got it to work .. then asks how to get it to work ?
WARNING: You are logged into reality as 'root' .. logging in as 'insane' is the only safe option.

Team Peppermint
PCNetSpec

Offline alynur

• Trusted User
  • Veteran
  • Habitual Forum Browser
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2017, 08:24:49 pm »
I'm lost alynur, your post seems to suggest you got it to work .. then asks how to get it to work ?
Hi PCNetSpec, I didn't get it to work, gone betham got it to work, it was his post.
What was I thinking?

Offline murraymint

• Trusted User
  • Veteran
  • soft boiled with a yolk of gold
    • View Profile
  • Peppermint version(s): 7, 8, 9
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2017, 10:05:05 pm »
You should just be able to click Save in Display settings and then have it come up like that on boot. I wouldn't pay too much attention to what that guy was saying, I think he was just confusing himself unnecessarily.

Offline alynur

• Trusted User
  • Veteran
  • Habitual Forum Browser
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2017, 11:10:19 pm »
You should just be able to click Save in Display settings and then have it come up like that on boot. I wouldn't pay too much attention to what that guy was saying, I think he was just confusing himself unnecessarily.

Hi murraymint, okay that did the trick. I think I have dual monitors under my belt now. Thanks much.  :)
What was I thinking?