Choose style:

Author Topic: Audio Won't Work On Google/Youtube, but Will Work on Firefox & Other Features  (Read 196 times)

Offline F-1DeskLamp

• nOOb
  • New Forum User
    • View Profile
  • Peppermint version(s): Seven
This is not my computer.  I'm helping a old friend.  It's a Dell D630 laptop with Peppermint 7 on it.  32bit.

I thought the audio card was shot, and I did some tests.  It was alright. 

I remembered that google browser is kind of buggy sometimes for certain things, but things usually work on Firefox, and this was one of those times.  Video audio from youtube on the FF browser works, but video audio from the Google browser doesn't work.  It's all youtube videos. 

What could be causing this problem? 

Thanks

Offline PCNetSpec

• Administrator
  • Hero
  • "-rw-rw-rw-" .. The Number Of The Beast
    • View Profile
    • PCNetSpec
  • Peppermint version(s): Peppermint 8 (64bit)
With Chrome open .. fire up:-

Menu > Sound & Video > PulseAudio Volume Control

Select the "Playback" tab.

Is Chrome muted ?
WARNING: You are logged into reality as 'root' .. logging in as 'insane' is the only safe option.

Team Peppermint
PCNetSpec

Offline F-1DeskLamp

• nOOb
  • New Forum User
    • View Profile

Is Chrome muted ?

It looks like there is nothing about Chrome on that volume Control window like you said.  I had looked here earlier, and there was nothing here, so I just went with there was a problem because there was nothing anywhere to adjust. 

I gathered on another platform that this is a 32bit Peppermint 7 OS, and Google dropped 32 bit a while back.  The suggestion was that I needed to upgrade to a 64bit disotros.

I have 2GB in the RAM.  Which disotros should I get, and where is a safe place to download it from? 

There's so many disotros, and I'm 100% new to Linux this week, but I think I like it better than the other OS systems.

Offline murraymint

• Trusted User
  • Veteran
  • soft boiled with a yolk of gold
    • View Profile
  • Peppermint version(s): 7, 8
You'll have to be playing some audio in the browser to see Chrome in the volume control tab. Put a video on or something.

Offline PCNetSpec

• Administrator
  • Hero
  • "-rw-rw-rw-" .. The Number Of The Beast
    • View Profile
    • PCNetSpec
  • Peppermint version(s): Peppermint 8 (64bit)

Is Chrome muted ?

It looks like there is nothing about Chrome on that volume Control window like you said.  I had looked here earlier, and there was nothing here, so I just went with there was a problem because there was nothing anywhere to adjust. 

I gathered on another platform that this is a 32bit Peppermint 7 OS, and Google dropped 32 bit a while back.  The suggestion was that I needed to upgrade to a 64bit disotros.

I have 2GB in the RAM.  Which disotros should I get, and where is a safe place to download it from? 

There's so many disotros, and I'm 100% new to Linux this week, but I think I like it better than the other OS systems.

Any particular reason you're using Chrome ? .. there's still 32bit Chromium (or Firefox) ;)
WARNING: You are logged into reality as 'root' .. logging in as 'insane' is the only safe option.

Team Peppermint
PCNetSpec

Offline pin

• Peppermint User
    • View Profile
  • Peppermint version(s): Peppermint 7 Respin (64bit)
Hi there!
Why don't you just stick to Firefox than?
What about chromium?
I only use FF...

Skickat från min SM-G900F via Tapatalk

Offline F-1DeskLamp

• nOOb
  • New Forum User
    • View Profile
Okay.  I'm just going to stick with FF and DuckDuckGo.  This is not my laptop, but I was figuring out the sound problem for him.  He'll take it like it is as long as he knows how to use it. 

Thanks for the help.  :)

Offline pin

• Peppermint User
    • View Profile
  • Peppermint version(s): Peppermint 7 Respin (64bit)
You are not forced to use duckduckgo with Firefox.
I guess you know it but, you can easily set Google as the default search engine in Firefox preferences.