Choose style:

Author Topic: Lenovo Ideapad 100S-11IBY  (Read 242 times)

Offline Matt-Bash

• nOOb
  • New Forum User
    • View Profile
  • Peppermint version(s): Peppermint 8
Lenovo Ideapad 100S-11IBY
« on: August 06, 2017, 06:03:00 am »
Code: [Select]
matt@CodeBook ~ $ inxi -F
System:    Host: CodeBook Kernel: 4.13.0-041300rc2-generic x86_64 (64 bit)
           Desktop: N/A Distro: Peppermint Eight
Machine:   System: LENOVO product: 80R2 v: Lenovo ideapad 100S-11IBY
           Mobo: LENOVO model: Aristotle 11.6 v: SDK0J91117 WIN
           Bios: LENOVO v: E2CN13WW date: 12/22/2015
CPU:       Quad core Intel Atom Z3735F (-MCP-) cache: 1024 KB
           clock speeds: max: 1832 MHz 1: 1332 MHz 2: 1332 MHz 3: 1332 MHz
           4: 1332 MHz
Graphics:  Card: Intel Atom Processor Z36xxx/Z37xxx Series Graphics & Display
           Display Server: X.Org 1.19.3 drivers: (unloaded: fbdev,vesa)
           Resolution: 1366x768@60.00hz
           GLX Renderer: Mesa DRI Intel Bay Trail GLX Version: 3.0 Mesa 17.0.2
Audio:     Card-1 Intel HDMI/DP LPE Audio driver: HdmiLpeAudio
           Card-2 bytcr-rt5640 driver: bytcr-rt5640
           Sound: ALSA v: k4.13.0-041300rc2-generic
Network:   Card: Failed to Detect Network Card!
Drives:    HDD Total Size: NA (-) ID-1: /dev/mmcblk1 model: N/A size: 31.3GB
Partition: ID-1: / size: 27G used: 5.2G (21%) fs: ext4 dev: /dev/mmcblk1p2
           ID-2: swap-1 size: 2.07GB used: 0.00GB (0%) fs: swap dev: /dev/mmcblk1p3
RAID:      No RAID devices: /proc/mdstat, md_mod kernel module present
Sensors:   System Temperatures: cpu: 41.0C mobo: N/A
           Fan Speeds (in rpm): cpu: N/A
Info:      Processes: 186 Uptime: 4:18 Memory: 697.0/1925.9MB
           Client: Shell (bash) inxi: 2.2.35
matt@CodeBook ~
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Known bugs
Sound Card- Registers 2 sound cards. Card - 1 does not work. Card-2 does.
However the sound icon in the bottom right is very buggy, sometimes you turn the volume all the way up and it turns its self down.
There are options on VLC player to choose your desired sound card. It does work, but still a little buggy.
Headphone jack does NOT work
Youtube works, video and sound are fine.
Network card - It says not found, how ever wifi works , due to importing the Broadcom drivers in the custom ISO respin
If i use a USB dongle to plug in an ethernet cord, eth0 is recognized, but it does not work. The 11IBY does not have an ethernet port.
Blue tooth works: It is an integrated bluetooth and wifi card.
HDMI- Does not work. Many reasons. The first sound card also seems to control the HDMI, yet if it is enabled the sound doesn't work.. If you enable the second sound card, the sound works, yet that particular card does not support HDMI... Tricky.. tricky
Battery- The machine charges fine,  However , the battery light will constantly blink, and the charging icon will output false information. It basically always says the battery is at a 45% charge even though it is full. When you turn the machine off the battery light will continue to blink but in orange. Even if the lid is closed.
Over all getting linux to work on this machine is difficult. I have  used the linuxuim isorespin.sh script to remaster the peppermint OS many times, using the 4.13-rc2 kernel has yielded the best results yet. It runs smooth , fast and nice. Just a few more kinks to work out. I will update here as I solve them . Or perhaps a new kernel will come out that solves them. But I doubt it. If anyone has any idea's please let me know.

« Last Edit: August 06, 2017, 12:06:14 pm by Matt-Bash »

Online PCNetSpec

• Administrator
  • Hero
  • "-rw-rw-rw-" .. The Number Of The Beast
    • View Profile
    • PCNetSpec
  • Peppermint version(s): Peppermint 8 (64bit)
Re: Lenovo Ideapad 100S-11IBY
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2017, 07:41:18 am »
Yeah I'd really appreciate it if you update this topic as you find workarounds .. they could really be helpful to others .. TIA :)

Currently I haven't had time to test Peppermint via Linuxiums isorespin.sh on these troublesome 32bit UEFI systems, so can't offer any assistance/ideas .. but I'll post when I do.
WARNING: You are logged into reality as 'root' .. logging in as 'insane' is the only safe option.

Team Peppermint
PCNetSpec

Offline Matt-Bash

• nOOb
  • New Forum User
    • View Profile
  • Peppermint version(s): Peppermint 8
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2017, 11:55:43 am »
Yes I plan on it, there are no forums I can find that offer actual solutions to this particular laptop. Most of them end with " ok I returned the computer" Which is a shame. I think I might be  one of the first people to get this laptop workable in Linux. And this maybe one of the only forums that cover the topic. Most people just copy the bootia32 file into the EFI folder on their 64 bit ISO, then plug in a wireless keyboard and mouse when they realise no basic drivers work lol . Just tested the HDMI, it is also not working. My first issue I am working to resolve is the Headphone jack. I tried doing some nano editing to the analog-output-headphones.conf file , chaning the Element Speaker to
Switch = on and volume = ignore. When i rebooted and tested a video, my headphones made the clicking sound when i plugged them in , but no actual sound.. It is a step in the right direction I think. Before they didnt make a sound at all when plugging them in. It will be a rough road ahead, but worth it. Perhaps trying a few new kernels as they come out might yield some better results. Only time will tell. :)
« Last Edit: August 06, 2017, 12:04:18 pm by Matt-Bash »

Online PCNetSpec

• Administrator
  • Hero
  • "-rw-rw-rw-" .. The Number Of The Beast
    • View Profile
    • PCNetSpec
  • Peppermint version(s): Peppermint 8 (64bit)
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2017, 01:23:23 pm »
Which sound driver does that use ?

what's the output from:
lsmod | grep snd
and
aplay -l
WARNING: You are logged into reality as 'root' .. logging in as 'insane' is the only safe option.

Team Peppermint
PCNetSpec