Author Topic: Sound mixer volume won't stay maxed out  (Read 499 times)

Offline kevinbanjo

• New Forum User
    • View Profile
Sound mixer volume won't stay maxed out
« on: July 25, 2017, 01:41:15 am »
I click on the speaker icon in the panel and Audio Mixer and under playback->volume control->firefox (for example) and set the slider all the way to the right, like for instance while I am watching youtube videos, and if I so much as touch the volume control on the player or use the keys on my laptop to adjust it, it always falls back to what it considers 100% (way below its capabilities) and can't be adjusted back up without going back to the audio mixer.   This gets to be a real pain in the ass when you're trying to watch a video with a large dynamic of sound where sometimes you would want to turn it down to prevent blowing out your speakers and turn it back up again when there is really quiet dialog.

Is there any way to make the audio mixer say 100% where its really 100% (instead of about 60% of the ACTUAL max volume)?   Or at least let it adjust back beyond "100%" when you have used the mixer to set it beyond that?

Offline PCNetSpec

• Administrator
  • Hero
  • "-rw-rw-rw-" .. The Number Of The Beast
    • View Profile
    • PCNetSpec
  • Peppermint version(s): Peppermint 10
Re: Sound mixer volume won't stay maxed out
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2017, 04:07:56 am »
see the responses here:
https://askubuntu.com/questions/219739/adjust-max-possible-volume-in-pulseaudio

It'll still return to 100% when you've set it higher via the slider .. but you can certainly make that "100%" louder in the first place.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2017, 04:10:12 am by PCNetSpec »
WARNING: You are logged into reality as 'root' .. logging in as 'insane' is the only safe option.

Team Peppermint
PCNetSpec