Author Topic: Partition Question [ANSWERED]  (Read 2549 times)

Offline sandstormzach

• Newly Subscribed
  • Linux Noob
    • View Profile
Partition Question [ANSWERED]
« on: June 27, 2014, 10:06:51 pm »
Okay, I'm not sure whether this belongs here or in the Hardware section. If this is the wrong place, can someone please relocate it?

And now the question. I currently have 3 Windows partitions on my computer- the main partition, a recovery partition, and a really tiny partition that I honestly don't remember making. I'm not sure why the third one is there. Is it possible to merge it with my main partition? If so, how do I do it without screwing everything up?

Also, my apologies for asking so many questions.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2014, 08:20:54 am by sandstormzach »

Offline Slim.Fatz

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
  • Where's the mouse?
    • View Profile
  • Peppermint version(s): Peppermint 7, 8.5 & 10 - 64bit
Re: Partition Question
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2014, 03:06:15 am »
I don't mean to sound harsh, but I think you might want to post pure M$-Windoze questions on a forum that specializes in that OS. Having said that, I will nevertheless add my 2 cents worth of M$ knowledge (fading fast since I have not used it for about 10 years now).

As I recall, one of the partitions (don't remember which) is sort of a "backup" that can be used to somehow try to restore the system after screwing it up more than it is screwed up by default.  :P

I'm imagine that a quick search with Duck Duck Go or Google will provide you with the information you are looking for.

Regards,
-- Slim
Respect science, respect nature, respect each other.

Tread lightly: Fluxbox, JWM, i3, Openbox, awesome

Offline keith d

• Newly Subscribed
  • New Forum User
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2014, 05:11:10 am »
and a really tiny partition that I honestly don't remember making.

Hi sandstrormzach. That is called the System Reserved partition. This link  will tell you more about it. http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/magazine/gg441289.aspx

Also, I agree with Slim.Fatz, best to ask on a forum that lives and breaths Windows. One piece of advice...if you ask how to deleted it on a Microsoft based site, they will always tell you "you can't do that". There are plenty of other reputable forums out there for those systems with accurate information. This is where your favorite search engine will come in handy.

Offline sandstormzach

• Newly Subscribed
  • Linux Noob
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2014, 08:20:33 am »
Alright, thank you both. I'll try searching for an answer elsewhere.