Choose style:

Author Topic: Best Browser  (Read 18004 times)

Offline perknh

• Trusted User
  • Hero
  • Soy un huevo que adora Peppermint.
    • View Profile
  • Peppermint version(s): Peppermint 9 Respin (64-bit)
Re: Best Browser
« Reply #285 on: March 07, 2019, 09:10:53 pm »
Sorta curious, given your level of safety and security anxiety studiousness, I figured you'd appreciate opening every web application in the isolated containers a Firefox SSB creates. Effectively each SSB is blocking websites from following you around the web. If I understand this and PCNetSpec's explanations all correctly?

No, you're onto something here, spence.  I think anxiety's a good word -- along with a healthy dose of pessimism!   You know maybe I should start using SSBs again.  I mean, this is Peppermint.  If we're going to use an SSB anywhere, Peppermint is the place.  ;)

Meanwhile, my hubster's of the mind that they have everything on us already and he can't be too overly concerned. In our case that means Putin knows everything too, for they have a long conjoined history.[/color]

I hear that argument quite frequently, spence:  it's usually from pessimists!  ;D   But seriously, what are his thoughts concerning Yandex search or Yandex browser today as compared to a half dozen years ago?
We're all Peppermint users and that's what matters...
-- AndyInMokum

Offline spence

• Trusted User
  • Veteran
  • peppermint user since 2010
    • View Profile
  • Peppermint version(s): Peppermint 9 Respin
« Reply #286 on: March 11, 2019, 12:34:41 pm »
Hubster wouldn't touch any browser outta China nor Russia perknh... Knowing they may write all the most warm and fuzzy language into their policies, but their laws & policies are whatever the people in power tell the web providers they are on any given day. "Today we scour all traffic from Yekaterinburg and San Francisco because xyz enemy of Putin are there today" Honestly... just don't bother. Russia is set to close the borders of it's internet, Hubster is watching the protests there.
spence
PeppermintOS 10installed  on:
'16 Antec Aria rebuild
 '18 Asus VivoBook

Do not despair, grasshopper...
    with patience all will be revealed...
       Through pain, enlightenment will come.

Offline perknh

• Trusted User
  • Hero
  • Soy un huevo que adora Peppermint.
    • View Profile
  • Peppermint version(s): Peppermint 9 Respin (64-bit)
« Reply #287 on: March 11, 2019, 03:30:51 pm »
Hubster wouldn't touch any browser outta China nor Russia perknh... Knowing they may write all the most warm and fuzzy language into their policies, but their laws & policies are whatever the people in power tell the web providers they are on any given day. "Today we scour all traffic from Yekaterinburg and San Francisco because xyz enemy of Putin are there today"

Thank you, spence.   

Honestly... just don't bother. Russia is set to close the borders of it's internet, Hubster is watching the protests there.

Yes, after watching how things have been developing there on my own, I decided recently to drop my accounts from there.  Then, a couple days after doing so , I read that about Mr. P's intention/aspiration to close off (or to be able to close off) Russia's Internet completely from the outside world. 

Thanks, but no thanks.  There's no way I want to go down that rabbit hole. ::)

I hate seeing the world balkanizing itself into various Web spaces, but that's exactly what's happening now.   Balkanizing cyberspace destroys the entire concept of the World Wide Web.
We're all Peppermint users and that's what matters...
-- AndyInMokum