Choose style:

Author Topic: Comfusion to choose right field!  (Read 146 times)

Offline ankitdixit

• nOOb
  • New Forum User
    • View Profile
Comfusion to choose right field!
« on: November 22, 2019, 03:32:43 am »
Hello Everyone,

Can anyone suggest me which profile is better for a salary point of view java or javascript? I am little bit confuse to choose the right direction, I have asked these query to lots of people and found java is better than javascript for salary point. Anyone here java developer to give me some suggestions?

Offline Slim.Fatz

• Trusted User
  • Veteran
  • Where's the mouse?
    • View Profile
  • Peppermint version(s): Peppermint 7, 8.5 & 10 - 64bit
Re: Comfusion to choose right field!
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2019, 12:41:54 pm »
Hi ankitdixit,

Back when I was still working as an Enterprise Java design engineer and programmer, there was no comparison: Java won the pay fight hands down! But, that was about ten years ago. I have no idea how it looks today, but I would imagine that Java still comes out on top.  ;)

Regards,

-- Slim
"Life first -- Peppermint a close 2nd!" -- Zeb

Tread lightly: Fluxbox, JWM, i3, Openbox, awesome

Offline PCNetSpec

• Administrator
  • Hero
  • "-rw-rw-rw-" .. The Number Of The Beast
    • View Profile
    • PCNetSpec
  • Peppermint version(s): Peppermint 10
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2019, 12:53:54 pm »
According to both Github
https://www.businessinsider.com/most-popular-programming-languages-github-2019-11?r=US&IR=T
and
codeburst.io
https://codeburst.io/10-top-programming-languages-in-2019-for-developers-a2921798d652
Both javascript and java are both in the top 5 most used programming languages .. so I'd doubt there's much in it.

But probably the best way to figure it out would be to visit jobsites and see which are being sought the most (most jobs on offer) .. like anything else, price is set according to the rules of supply and demand.

And remember, programming is programming, it's more about logical thinking than the language used .. once you can program in one language the rest is just learning a new syntax.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2019, 01:43:14 pm by PCNetSpec »
WARNING: You are logged into reality as 'root' .. logging in as 'insane' is the only safe option.

Team Peppermint
PCNetSpec

Offline VinDSL

• Global Moderator
  • Hero
  • Peppermint Mod
    • View Profile
  • Peppermint version(s): Developmental Builds
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2019, 10:54:47 pm »
And remember, programming is programming, it's more about logical thinking than the language used .. once you can program in one language the rest is just learning a new syntax.

Then, there's Conky (and LUA)...  :))

Offline ankitdixit

• nOOb
  • New Forum User
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2019, 11:42:24 pm »
Yes, I have also asked some people and mostly said java is better than javascript. I have read some resources also to check the comparison https://hackr.io/blog/java-vs-javascript  Now i have cleared in my mind which is good for a careers point of view.