Choose style:

Author Topic: Google Just Killed What Might Be The Biggest Android Ad Fraud Ever  (Read 510 times)

Offline perknh

• Trusted User
  • Hero
  • Soy un huevo que adora La Menta.
    • View Profile
  • Peppermint version(s): Peppermint 8 64-bit
Re: Google Just Killed What Might Be The Biggest Android Ad Fraud Ever
« Reply #15 on: September 16, 2017, 02:55:45 pm »
You'll probably be upset if/when we switch back to FF then :))

Are you really thinking that?  Honestly, I think it's a great idea if that's what the community wants.  Truth is I haven't been keeping up with Firefox for a while now.  I have no idea how well Firefox is doing these days.

If I had my druthers, I'd be using an open source version of Opera if one existed --meaning with Blink rendering engine, not Presto.  When people talk about privacy, they're probably looking for more of what a Nordic nation browser has to offer such as Opera or Vivaldi.  Right now, however, Chromium is working just fine for what I've been needing a browser to do. :)
If you love GNU/Linux, and have a taste for Peppermint, you've now found where you belong.

Offline PCNetSpec

• Administrator
  • Hero
  • "-rw-rw-rw-" .. The Number Of The Beast
    • View Profile
    • PCNetSpec
  • Peppermint version(s): Peppermint 8 (64bit)
« Reply #16 on: September 16, 2017, 03:13:24 pm »
I **think** about it every iteration perknh .. my personal preference is FF (because of the way it can have different  plugins on a per SSB basis), but no unless there's a sudden clamour for FF (or Google do something stupid, which is not beyond the realms of possibility) we'll likely be sticking with Chromium .. I'm tiring of changing every iteration, it makes us look indecisive.

That said, nothing's set in stone and I'm quite proficient at appearing indecisive  ;)
(or maybe I'm not .. no I was right the first time .. I think)
« Last Edit: September 16, 2017, 04:08:12 pm by PCNetSpec »
WARNING: You are logged into reality as 'root' .. logging in as 'insane' is the only safe option.

Team Peppermint
PCNetSpec

Offline perknh

• Trusted User
  • Hero
  • Soy un huevo que adora La Menta.
    • View Profile
  • Peppermint version(s): Peppermint 8 64-bit
« Reply #17 on: September 16, 2017, 03:54:38 pm »
unless there's a sudden clamour for FF (or Google do something stupid, which is not beyond the realms of possibility) we'll likely be sticking with Chromium .. I'm tiring of changing every iteration, it makes us look indecisive.

If I remember correctly, Google sent us a curve ball a couple of years ago with some issue concerning 32-bit Flash --or was it a problem caused by Adobe? :-\  Whatever it was the issue was, it was NOT an issue not of Peppermint's making.  So the idea of Google (or Adobe) doing something stupid or hurtful again is still definitely within the realm of possibility. :(

Still, right now (knock on wood), Chromium, at least for me, is running like a top. :)
If you love GNU/Linux, and have a taste for Peppermint, you've now found where you belong.