Choose style:

Author Topic: Be Carefull with KODI in the UK  (Read 1478 times)

Offline zebedeeboss

• Global Moderator
  • Hero
  • Life first... Peppermint a close 2nd :)
    • View Profile
  • Peppermint version(s): P10 / P9 Respin
Be Kind Whenever Possible...   It is Always Possible - Dalai Lama

Linux User #565092
P10 x64 Desktop - AMD Threadripper 2950X - 64Gb RAM - NVIDIA RTX2080Ti 11Gb - 2 x 27" 4k 3840x2160 - 1 x 34" 5120x2160
P9/10 @ P9 x64 Laptop - i7-7700HQ @ 2.80GHz - 8Gb RAM - Nvidia GTX1050 4Gb - 15.6" HD 1920x1080

Offline AndyInMokum

• Global Moderator
  • Hero
  • "Keep on Rockin' in the Free World"
    • View Profile
  • Peppermint version(s): PM 9 & PM 8 Respin-2 (64-bit)
Re: Be Carefull with KODI in the UK
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2017, 06:14:24 am »
Backup! Backup! Backup! If you're missing any of these -  you ain't Backed Up!
For my system info please L/click HERE.

Offline PCNetSpec

• Administrator
  • Hero
  • "-rw-rw-rw-" .. The Number Of The Beast
    • View Profile
    • PCNetSpec
  • Peppermint version(s): Peppermint 10
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2017, 06:34:36 am »
Oh we surpassed what Orwell foresaw around 1985 :)

Like the digital economy act will make any difference .. too late, it's now as ubiquitous as cassette recorders where.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2017, 06:37:25 am by PCNetSpec »
WARNING: You are logged into reality as 'root' .. logging in as 'insane' is the only safe option.

Team Peppermint
PCNetSpec

Offline Norton

• New Forum User
    • View Profile
  • Peppermint version(s): 7
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2017, 11:08:58 am »
All of these vague laws fall under the category of "control" laws. These laws can be used to silence you if you step out of line in some way. If you say or do something the powers that be don't like, there is always a control law that can be dug up to be used against you.

So basically, as long as you agree with everything the government says and does, love NATO, hate Russia, trust the TV news, you are good to go and KODI all day long.

Oh, and don't forget to put your fingers in your ears and sing La La La La La as loud as you can every time Julian Assange says anything.

« Last Edit: May 06, 2017, 11:18:31 am by Norton »

Online VinDSL

• Global Moderator
  • Hero
  • Peppermint Mod
    • View Profile
  • Peppermint version(s): Developmental Builds
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2017, 10:46:43 am »
Gotta say ...

I'm in Las Vegas, right now, and I'm testing the ol' "What Happens Here, Stays Here" slogan.

I bought a 15-foot HDMI patch cord on Amazon.com, in preparation for this [business] trip, and my scheme is working.

Instead of playing grabazz with the teenage hookers, joking with the jokers, drinking with the drinkers, and all that ...

I reached around the backside of the 55" Panasonic in this suite, found a HDMI port, plugged in the cable, changed the function on the TV to HDMI input, and BOOM ! 

Fell asleep last night watching movies on Kodi. 

After the last movie finished, my lappy went sleep, and the TV shut itself off.

Gotta love this technology.  Saved me a small fortune at the craps table, I'm sure.

In the olden days, you had to call down to the front desk, order a movie, and wait in a queue for it to play.

On point, I'll go over to SALTS and watch some not-so-legal stuff tonight, and we'll see if I spend the rest of the week in the slammer with the butt buddies and beasty boys ...   8)
« Last Edit: May 08, 2017, 10:59:36 am by VinDSL, Reason: Addendum »

Offline PCNetSpec

• Administrator
  • Hero
  • "-rw-rw-rw-" .. The Number Of The Beast
    • View Profile
    • PCNetSpec
  • Peppermint version(s): Peppermint 10
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2017, 01:29:46 pm »
With the who? :))
(actually no not "with The Who")
WARNING: You are logged into reality as 'root' .. logging in as 'insane' is the only safe option.

Team Peppermint
PCNetSpec

Offline cavy

• Trusted User
  • Caveman
    • View Profile
    • PeppermentOS Pixies
  • Peppermint version(s): Peppermint Eight
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2017, 01:36:05 pm »
I have read the States have DRACONIAN laws about Linux users daring to play a DVD on their computer. You terrorist...VinDSL...enjoy your time in the slammer...lol......!

“We know what we are, but not what we may be.”

Desktop Dell 7040 i7-6700 500Gb-SSD 32Gb ram
Laptop    Dell 7470 i5-6300 500Gb-SSD  16Gb ram
Various antiques to sample other OS's etc

Online VinDSL

• Global Moderator
  • Hero
  • Peppermint Mod
    • View Profile
  • Peppermint version(s): Developmental Builds
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2017, 09:36:30 pm »
The elections are over - that's the biggy - I got sentenced to another 5-years.  So, I can breathe a little easier now.  Tomorrow, I need to attend the inauguration.  Wednesday is a travel day, then I'll meet with the Congressman, back in Arizona, on Thursday.

My new Dell i7 is performing well, on both Peppermint 7 & '10'.  Only problem I've had is, it runs out of 'gas' halfway through the session(s).  I'll need to add a bigger battery, and/or a secondary battery.   ::)

As far as Linux goes, out here in winders land, Google and friends assumes anyone that logs onto their servers with a Linux machine has stolen your password.  And, if they don't recognize the location, yes, they assume you're a terrorist and lock down the account, until you prove YOU are the Linux terrorist.

Goes with the turf.  To be fair, the same thing happens at the abode, when I'm tunneling into their servers from Germany, Turkey, China, or wherever via VPN.

Anyway, I'm 2/5 of the way through the week from hell.

Guess I'll fire up Kodi and relax for a few hours, despite the implied threat of incarceration. 

Then again, the night is young.  Maybe I'll see what kind of trouble I can get into.  Decisions, decisions ...

Offline Norton

• New Forum User
    • View Profile
  • Peppermint version(s): 7
« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2017, 05:00:20 pm »

As far as Linux goes, out here in winders land, Google and friends assumes anyone that logs onto their servers with a Linux machine has stolen your password.  And, if they don't recognize the location, yes, they assume you're a terrorist and lock down the account, until you prove YOU are the Linux terrorist.

Interesting that .... Google uses Linux in house - guess that proves the old adage:  it takes one to know one

I find using 2 step authentication lets you log on without issue with Google anyway, regardless of where one of my Linux computers are.  Just make sure your phone is with you.

Offline pin

• Trusted User
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2017, 04:23:51 pm »
Anyone here actually using vpn with exodus on kodi?
Shouldn't this set-up make it almost impossible to track!?

Skickat från min SM-G900F via Tapatalk