Choose style:

Author Topic: Image processing issues : copy/paste, screenshots  (Read 643 times)

Offline Phoenix

• nOOb
  • New Forum User
    • View Profile
  • Peppermint version(s): 7 ;64 bit
Image processing issues : copy/paste, screenshots
« on: April 11, 2017, 08:18:12 pm »
Hi everyone :)

I wanted to work a bit on a little creation I tried to do with Pinta and Guimp.
I tried to copy/paste an image : the copied image is not kept in memory, so no image to paste. I tried in Guimp and Pinta to compare, nothing work...
Then I tried to make a screenshot and to cut the image. No screenshot, nothing works. I made sure to have Imagemagic, it's installed and seems to be there since the beginning. Then I tried with Shutter and with "Screenshots", no screenshot, no options... I'm very curious about what happens...

I'm not sure these two issues are related, but when it comes to image processing, it's not my day :/

Edit : I noticed that I can't post pictures on sites like Facebook. I can from my phone, but not from my computer. Slowly I begin to find it definitly annoying...
« Last Edit: April 14, 2017, 07:13:37 am by Phoenix »

Offline PCNetSpec

• Administrator
  • Hero
  • "-rw-rw-rw-" .. The Number Of The Beast
    • View Profile
    • PCNetSpec
  • Peppermint version(s): Peppermint 10
Re: Image processing issues : copy/paste, screenshots
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2017, 08:43:11 pm »
You need to open the image in another gimp/pinta window .. then copy it in that window, and paste it into the other window.

You can't just copy an image from a folder (in the file manager) and paste it into an application.
WARNING: You are logged into reality as 'root' .. logging in as 'insane' is the only safe option.

Team Peppermint
PCNetSpec