Author Topic: Strange  (Read 4775 times)

Offline murraymint

• Trusted User
  • Veteran
  • soft boiled with a yolk of gold
    • View Profile
  • Peppermint version(s): 7, 8, 9
Re: Strange
« Reply #30 on: April 08, 2017, 04:03:32 pm »
You're getting hung up on my earlier semantic mistake .. it doesn't matter if the definitions are from a subheading of Electronics > Used > [Category], those category descriptions still stand no matter that I didn't see they were from a subheading, they're still the right descriptions and the the item doesn't fit the one the seller chose, so it was misrepresented.
I'm not, I'm just pointing out that Graeme has missed that, there's no use him complaining about a groundless point.

I agree he shouldn't be listing it as "Used - like new" but that's exactly how the listings appear and that's all I'm clarifying.

Offline emegra

• Administrator
  • Veteran
  • New Forum User
    • View Profile
  • Peppermint version(s): Peppermint 10 64bit
« Reply #31 on: April 10, 2017, 03:49:55 am »
UPDATE

According to my daughter she's checked the listing on Amazon and can see nothing that suggests the drive is being sold as used, she emailed him back pointing this out & that it was misrepresented etc and he agreed to return the money without any argument.

I'm gonna have a look at the listing myself when I get a chance and I'll post the link here later, but it now looks to me judging by the perfect packaging and the price he's tried to pass this off as a new drive (probably an attempt to offset the cost of his shiny new 480gb ssd) and simply made a schoolboy error by forgetting to wipe it clean.

If he had wiped it clean I would have had no reason whatsoever to suspect this was anything other than a brand new drive,

Graeme

If you can keep your head while all around are losing theirs then you're not quite grasping the situation

Offline murraymint

• Trusted User
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 10, 2017, 03:54:13 am »
As I said before, it'll be in her confirmation email when she made the order, easy enough to check that.

Offline emegra

• Administrator
  • Veteran
  • New Forum User
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 10, 2017, 05:43:17 am »
As I said before, it'll be in her confirmation email when she made the order, easy enough to check that.

According to my daughter (Angela) there is nothing on the listing or the confirmation email suggesting it's used, anyway here's the emails sent back and forward
Spoiler (click here to view / hide)
[close]

Graeme

If you can keep your head while all around are losing theirs then you're not quite grasping the situation

Offline murraymint

• Trusted User
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 10, 2017, 06:47:44 am »
OK, none of those is the confirmation email from Amazon. Under Condition it has to say New, Refurbished, Used, or whatever.

Offline PCNetSpec

• Administrator
  • Hero
  • "-rw-rw-rw-" .. The Number Of The Beast
    • View Profile
    • PCNetSpec
  • Peppermint version(s): Peppermint 10
« Reply #35 on: April 10, 2017, 07:01:46 am »
Be sure to send it recorded delivery (with insurance) ;)
WARNING: You are logged into reality as 'root' .. logging in as 'insane' is the only safe option.

Team Peppermint
PCNetSpec

Offline emegra

• Administrator
  • Veteran
  • New Forum User
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 10, 2017, 07:06:38 am »
OK, none of those is the confirmation email from Amazon. Under Condition it has to say New, Refurbished, Used, or whatever.

Yes I know I will get her to forward it to me and post it later I don't want to pester her too much at the moment with it

Graeme