Choose style:

Author Topic: Keyboard shortcuts do not trigger a start menu (SOLVED)  (Read 853 times)

Offline Slo011

• nOOb
  • New Forum User
    • View Profile
  • Peppermint version(s): 7
Keyboard shortcuts do not trigger a start menu (SOLVED)
« on: February 03, 2017, 06:39:31 am »
Hi,

after installing Peppermint 7 recently, I've run into the first problem yesterday. I cannot trigger whisker menu with any of the default keyboard shortcuts (Windows Key, Ctrl+Esc, Alt+F1).

I suppose I've fallen into the trouble after playing with ˝Keyboard shortcuts˝ from the ˝Peppermint Control Center˝. At one point, I've decided to reset those settings and have hit the ˝Restore defaults˝ button. That's what caused the problem, I think. It seems, it restored the settings from Ubuntu or Debian... I'm not sure. However, the point is there are no more shortcuts for whiskermenu, instead I see ˝lxpanellctl menu˝ associated with start menu.

I've tried replacing those shortcuts with xfce4-popup-whiskermenu, but it won't accept the characters when I try to enter the ˝Super_L˝.

There may be other keyboard shortcuts that do not function since then, but this is the one that I immediately noticed.

So, please, how can I restore keyboard settings that were initially set when I installed Peppermintos?

Thanks.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2017, 05:07:17 pm by Slo011 »

Offline PCNetSpec

• Administrator
  • Hero
  • "-rw-rw-rw-" .. The Number Of The Beast
    • View Profile
    • PCNetSpec
  • Peppermint version(s): Peppermint 10
Re: Keyboard shortcuts do not trigger a start menu
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2017, 06:53:21 am »
Run:
Code: [Select]
cp -vf /etc/skel/.config/peppermint-control-center/xbindkeys.conf ~/.config/peppermint-control-center/xbindkeys.conf
then log off and on again.
WARNING: You are logged into reality as 'root' .. logging in as 'insane' is the only safe option.

Team Peppermint
PCNetSpec

Offline Slo011

• nOOb
  • New Forum User
    • View Profile
  • Peppermint version(s): 7
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2017, 07:33:22 am »
That resolved the issue. Thanks.

Offline PCNetSpec

• Administrator
  • Hero
  • "-rw-rw-rw-" .. The Number Of The Beast
    • View Profile
    • PCNetSpec
  • Peppermint version(s): Peppermint 10
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2017, 07:37:07 am »
You're most welcome :)

If you're happy the issue is now (SOLVED), can you please mark this topic so .. you can do this by editing the FIRST posting in this topic and changing:-

Subject: Keyboard shortcuts do not trigger a start menu (SOLVED)

Thanks in advance :)
WARNING: You are logged into reality as 'root' .. logging in as 'insane' is the only safe option.

Team Peppermint
PCNetSpec