Choose style:

Author Topic: A suggestion for new Peppermint GTK or Qt Colors Theme  (Read 2037 times)

harishpathangay

A suggestion for new Peppermint GTK or Qt Colors Theme
« on: January 16, 2017, 01:02:27 pm »
Hi,
I like to see a GTK Color Theme for PM which reflects the looks of Colors used in PM forums page.
Please find the below images of what i have done in my dekstop.

ok what i am saying is:
I want to have a GTK theme which uses all the color elements of Peppermint Forum Page.
The Red/Cream/White/Light Red. Like the CSS used for HTML tables etc.. based on that a GTK theme using the same knid of colors.

It is just a suggestion. I am not a linux person. I do not know how to do these and all. I searched internet and did the following to my dekstop.
Look at the theming and try to relate what i am asking for. even though the colors are still not reflecting the forum page colors. it is as close as i can get. i am not owner of the theme either.

Thanks,
Harish Pathangay

Offline perknh

• Trusted User
  • Hero
  • Soy un huevo, nada más.
    • View Profile
  • Peppermint version(s): Peppermint 10
Re: A suggestion for new Peppermint GTK or Qt Colors Theme
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2017, 03:49:46 pm »
Hi harishpathangay,

If that's what you're looking for, stay with Peppermint 7, but try this from Noobs Lab.  It's a GTK  theme suite, and in lots of different colors.

Good luck!

http://www.noobslab.com/2016/03/vivacious-colors-gtk-theme-suite.html

perknh
We're all Peppermint users and that's what matters  ;).  -- AndyInMokum

Offline PCNetSpec

• Administrator
  • Hero
  • "-rw-rw-rw-" .. The Number Of The Beast
    • View Profile
    • PCNetSpec
  • Peppermint version(s): Peppermint 10
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2017, 04:41:34 pm »
I like the general idea, I'm just not sure how well it would work with multiple windows opened etc. .. which GTK theme is that, so I can take a looksee ?
« Last Edit: January 16, 2017, 04:44:08 pm by PCNetSpec »
WARNING: You are logged into reality as 'root' .. logging in as 'insane' is the only safe option.

Team Peppermint
PCNetSpec

harishpathangay

« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2017, 12:10:37 am »
Hi,
I will be happy to use a theme for PM, which will use the same color combinations that are used in PM forums web pages.
White/Cream/The Color used in Top Menu in Forum Page/Off White etc. I do not know how to get exact colors from web page.
I do not know any already available GTK Theme which is like that. The screen shot I posted is QT based color theme, not GTK.

Believe me, I do not know how to extract colors from web page. But I will try to create a look and post it but it will not be exact color as in forum web page, but I hope you will understand what I am asking for.

Thanks,
Harish Pathangay

harishpathangay

« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2017, 12:27:54 am »
some thing similar to this but with better exact colrs from forum web page. it will be a light theme. i do not know how to change menu colors. how to change window title bar colors etc..i hope you get what i am asking for.

harishpathangay

« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2017, 12:34:41 am »
The Qt Color Theme is Red Flat. I do not see a GTK theme resembling this.

thanks,
harish p