Choose style:

Author Topic: Angry  (Read 402 times)

Offline farms

• New Forum User
    • View Profile
  • Peppermint version(s): Peppermint 8 64 Bit
Angry
« on: January 08, 2017, 10:04:09 am »
I have come over from Windows 7 a while back and my main pc runs Peppermint 7 and at the end of the day why are people saying to me it is cloud base Peppermint 7 and the Linux sites saying  Elementary is better to which they cannot get my location correct when i install from Asia , i would just like to say in 2017 thank you Peppermint i found a home. sod the jealous  :)

Offline emegra

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
  • New Forum User
    • View Profile
  • Peppermint version(s): Peppermint 9 64bit
Re: Angry
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2017, 12:29:08 pm »
Hi farms

You've hit the nail on the head Peppermint is a standard desktop operating system capable of running all the apps other Ubuntu based distros can run with the added benefit of cloud integration through the ice app,

Elementery is a great distro with their own ethos and we have ours which is to create a distro where the user makes the choices whether that choice is to use Peppermint as a standard desktop operating system or as a cloud based OS such as Chrome OS or a mixture of both

You'll will read many conflicting reviews on what is the best distro, in my opinion there isn't such a thing, the best distro is what works best for you and the best review will be your own review

We Linux users are spoiled for choice and there are a lot of great distros out there and Peppermint may or may not be the best but in my opinion it's definitely the most under rated

Graeme
If you can keep your head while all around are losing theirs then you're not quite grasping the situation