Choose style:

Author Topic: ANNOUNCEMENT - Peppermint 7 Respin Released.  (Read 5288 times)

Offline AndyInMokum

• Global Moderator
  • Hero
  • "Keep on Rockin' in the Free World"
    • View Profile
  • Peppermint version(s): PM 9 & PM 8 Respin-2 (64-bit)
Re: ANNOUNCEMENT - Peppermint 7 Respin Released.
« Reply #15 on: November 30, 2016, 09:33:47 pm »
Hi Slim, welcome to the Peppermint Forum.  As you've just discovered, the Peppermint 7 Respin ISOs downloads are unavailable at the moment.  We've run into a serious bug with the ISOs: https://peppermintos.com/apt-bug-peppermint-7-respin/.  In the light of this, we felt it prudent to temporarily take them down.  We're in the process of fixing the issue and expect the links to be up and operational in a couple of days.  In the meantime, please feel free to ask as many questions as you like.  Our members, will be delighted to provide you with assistance and guidance with the terminology  ;).
Backup! Backup! Backup! If you're missing any of these -  you ain't Backed Up!
For my system info please L/click HERE.

Offline Kulbanski

• New Forum User
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 01, 2016, 08:00:14 am »
Hello
I am a 70 year old..
You rule, man!  :o
You say alcoholic. I'll say alcohol enthusiast!

Offline Yochanan

• nOOb
  • New Forum User
    • View Profile
    • AndroiDeputies
« Reply #17 on: December 01, 2016, 04:49:53 pm »
Hello
I am a 70 year old just coming off the Windows plantation.  I bought a couple really nice 2 GIG R61 Thinkpads  cheap that needed and OS.  Saw  "English Bob"  review on YouTube of Peppermint and decided that would be the way to go.  Its only been two weeks Still learning the slang and how things work

Anyway in your first post announcement of Peppermint respin you end up saying "Now go get it"  Except There is no link and I dont have a clue  Where I would go to get it to see what other things I can get in to.
I went to Peppermintos page and the announcement said go to the  Peppemintos forum to try it. The only thing I found was the announcement there which took me back to the Peppermintos.com.   All rather confusing
And as an add If anyone has any good suggestion for books on learning the "slang" I would appreciate id

You can download it by going to https://peppermintos.com/ and clicking a download button.  ;)
ASUS Eee Book X205TA
Kernel: 4.14.0-rc4-sound-23

Offline PCNetSpec

• Administrator
  • Hero
  • "-rw-rw-rw-" .. The Number Of The Beast
    • View Profile
    • PCNetSpec
  • Peppermint version(s): Peppermint 8R, 9, and 9R
« Reply #18 on: December 01, 2016, 05:46:41 pm »
Yes, thanks Yochanan .. the download links on the main website are now active again :)
WARNING: You are logged into reality as 'root' .. logging in as 'insane' is the only safe option.

Team Peppermint
PCNetSpec

Offline Really Old Dude

• New Forum User
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 02, 2016, 06:34:59 pm »
Hi Slim, welcome to the Peppermint Forum.  As you've just discovered, the Peppermint 7 Respin ISOs downloads are unavailable at the moment.  We've run into a serious bug with the ISOs: https://peppermintos.com/apt-bug-peppermint-7-respin/.  In the light of this, we felt it prudent to temporarily take them down.  We're in the process of fixing the issue and expect the links to be up and operational in a couple of days.  In the meantime, please feel free to ask as many questions as you like.  Our members, will be delighted to provide you with assistance and guidance with the terminology  ;).

Thanks
Nice to I really havent stepped off the edge to senility yet.  Will Try this weekend.  Gotta a couple more question maybe I can harass  the young with  :D  Go see if i can find the right spot

Offline AndyInMokum

• Global Moderator
  • Hero
  • "Keep on Rockin' in the Free World"
    • View Profile
  • Peppermint version(s): PM 9 & PM 8 Respin-2 (64-bit)
« Reply #20 on: December 02, 2016, 06:58:13 pm »

"Nice to I really havent stepped off the edge to senility yet..." 

Good to know that.  I think I fell off that edge ages ago :)).  The ISOs have now been repaired.  The new ones are ready for download.  The Peppermint, Online User Guide is a great starting point to help you install your distro.  Unlike Windows, the installation process is very easy and very fast.  It generally takes around 20 to 30 minutes to complete  8).  Of course you can ask questions, this is your forum to use.  The gang here will be delighted to help you out  :).   
Backup! Backup! Backup! If you're missing any of these -  you ain't Backed Up!
For my system info please L/click HERE.

Offline Really Old Dude

• New Forum User
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 02, 2016, 07:02:53 pm »
Hello
I am a 70 year old..

Thanks
Sometimes I wish I did rule.  I Started with a Commodore 128.  i think technology is a great thing but fear the big corps are going to ruin it.   but this keeps me busy at night  :D

Offline PCNetSpec

• Administrator
  • Hero
    • View Profile
    • PCNetSpec
« Reply #22 on: December 02, 2016, 07:19:22 pm »
I Started with a Commodore 128

So you came to the game late then...
(just pulling your leg mate :)))
WARNING: You are logged into reality as 'root' .. logging in as 'insane' is the only safe option.

Team Peppermint
PCNetSpec

Offline Really Old Dude

• New Forum User
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 03, 2016, 09:58:10 am »
I Started with a Commodore 128

So you came to the game late then...
(just pulling your leg mate :)))

Well the 128 had twice the memory as the 64 and there was the 360k 1571 disk drive. Takes some time to save 500 back then for all that power to watch your forum posts to Compuserve type at 1200 baud  :D
I will say fussin around with BASIC has helped me a little to understand Linux  Its just the jargon to over come

Offline emegra

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
  • New Forum User
    • View Profile
  • Peppermint version(s): Peppermint 9 64bit
« Reply #24 on: December 03, 2016, 10:14:11 am »
HI Really Old Dude

I noticed in an earlier post you said you were 70 year old, now I don't consider that Really old, at 56 I'm only 14 years your junior which would put me in the Old category, now I don't appreciate that so I think you should change your name to just Old Dude, that would place me squarely back in the young category where I belong and leave the Really Old Dudes to the 90 pluses

Just sayin   ;)

Graeme

If you can keep your head while all around are losing theirs then you're not quite grasping the situation

Offline Really Old Dude

• New Forum User
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 03, 2016, 08:35:23 pm »
HI Really Old Dude

I noticed in an earlier post you said you were 70 year old, now I don't consider that Really old, at 56 I'm only 14 years your junior which would put me in the Old category, now I don't appreciate that so I think you should change your name to just Old Dude, that would place me squarely back in the young category where I belong and leave the Really Old Dudes to the 90 pluses

Just sayin   ;)

Graeme

:D :D  I get your point BUT  :D  When you get around these young whipper snappers thats is what they call you when you tell them your 70  :D.  The other thing is and I cant explain it when you hit about 65  Time as in 24 hours a day is compressed and your only allowed 12 hours 10 of that for sleeping  :D :D    Working with this Peppermint stuff has invigorated my mind where I dont need the afternoon nap for the other two hours,  I will eventually just type ROD  but if I use OD there may some thought that I am on drugs  :D

Offline Yochanan

• nOOb
  • New Forum User
    • View Profile
    • AndroiDeputies
« Reply #26 on: December 04, 2016, 12:04:15 am »
Hello
I am a 70 year old..

Thanks
Sometimes I wish I did rule.  I Started with a Commodore 128.  i think technology is a great thing but fear the big corps are going to ruin it.   but this keeps me busy at night  :D
I started with a Commodore 64 and I'm only 39. Are you saying I'm old, too? My doctor says I'm not old until next year.
HI Really Old Dude

Just sayin   ;)

Graeme

:D :D  I get your point BUT  :D  When you get around these young whipper snappers thats is what they call you when you tell them your 70  :D.  The other thing is and I cant explain it when you hit about 65  Time as in 24 hours a day is compressed and your only allowed 12 hours 10 of that for sleeping  :D :D    Working with this Peppermint stuff has invigorated my mind where I dont need the afternoon nap for the other two hours,  I will eventually just type ROD  but if I use OD there may some thought that I am on drugs  :D

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

ASUS Eee Book X205TA
Kernel: 4.14.0-rc4-sound-23

Online VinDSL

• Global Moderator
  • Hero
  • Peppermint Mod
    • View Profile
  • Peppermint version(s): Developmental Builds
« Reply #27 on: December 04, 2016, 01:24:52 am »
I started with a Commodore 64 and I'm only 39. Are you saying I'm old, too? My doctor says I'm not old until next year.

Yup !  That's when your eyeballs start going.

Actually it's the muscles behind your eyeballs that go - the ones that pull your eyeballs out of shape, so they focus on near objects.

But, no reason to be a stickler, eh what ?  Your doc is basically right.

If it makes you feel any better, woman mature earlier than men, and start going downhill at 25 ... LoL !   :D

Offline berliner58

• New Forum User
    • View Profile
  • Peppermint version(s): Peppermint 8
« Reply #28 on: December 04, 2016, 02:57:29 am »
Sorry for getting offtopic a bit:

How can I make my "old" Peppermint-7 look like the respin P-7 ?

I mean the grub-menu background and the  animation at login and shutdown. I like the respin more than the "old" one.
P8 x64 Desktop Dual core Pentium E5400 (-MCP-) RAM: 8GB

Offline PCNetSpec

• Administrator
  • Hero
    • View Profile
    • PCNetSpec
« Reply #29 on: December 04, 2016, 08:18:34 am »
Sorry for getting offtopic a bit:

How can I make my "old" Peppermint-7 look like the respin P-7 ?

I mean the grub-menu background and the  animation at login and shutdown. I like the respin more than the "old" one.

LOL .. "sorry for getting off topic", have you seen the other posts above :))

Anyway, if you want the respin plymouth theme, download this .deb:
https://launchpad.net/~peppermintos/+archive/ubuntu/p7-respin/+files/plymouth-theme-peppermint-7-spin_1.0.1_all.deb
and double-click it to install

Be aware, it will also change your GRUB background.

If you also want the new wallpaper, open a terminal and run these 2 commands in sequence:
Code: [Select]
cd /usr/share/peppermint/wallpapers
then
Code: [Select]
sudo wget "https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/31525164/Peppermint_Sunset-(image_by_Ray_Bilcliff).jpg"
then right-click on your desktop and select "Change Desktop Background", and select "Peppermint_Sunset-(image_by_Ray_Bilcliff).jpg"
« Last Edit: December 04, 2016, 02:57:38 pm by PCNetSpec »

Team Peppermint
PCNetSpec