Choose style:

Author Topic: Translations of Peppermint: roadmap for translatability?  (Read 622 times)

Pjotr

Translations of Peppermint: roadmap for translatability?
« on: October 19, 2016, 09:45:43 am »
I remember reading somewhere on this forum, that creating translatability for the Peppermint-only packages, is still a work in progress.

As Lubuntu is heading towards LXQt, I intend to promote Peppermint OS as the best GTK-based alternative. For such promotion to be successful, it's essential to have (nearly) 100 % complete translations.

So my question is: is there a roadmap for creating translatability for the Peppermint-only packages?

I hereby volunteer as Dutch translator.....  :)  Technically, it would probably suffice to host the .po files on GitHub. For me, that would be fine: I also translate for other projects that way.

Online PCNetSpec

• Administrator
  • Hero
  • "-rw-rw-rw-" .. The Number Of The Beast
    • View Profile
    • PCNetSpec
  • Peppermint version(s): Peppermint 8R, 9, and 9R
Re: Translations of Peppermint: roadmap for translatability?
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2016, 10:04:55 am »
It's not so much a work in  progress as I haven't figured it out at all yet, how to apply translations to apps/packages is still a mystery to me .. it's something I keep meaning to learn/apply but keep getting sidetracked by life :-[

It's not so much the actual "english --> other language" translation .. even google translate would be better than nothing, it's having the time to figure out how it all slots together.

So there's still no nailed down roadmap besides - MARK, FIGURE IT OUT THEN GET IT DONE!!!
« Last Edit: October 19, 2016, 10:23:03 am by PCNetSpec »
WARNING: You are logged into reality as 'root' .. logging in as 'insane' is the only safe option.

Team Peppermint
PCNetSpec