Choose style:

Author Topic: How to install Tor Browser Bundle on Peppermint  (Read 8258 times)

Offline _tuter

• 18 yrs old - Distro Hopper - Peppermint Lover
    • View Profile
  • Peppermint version(s): Peppermint OS 6!!
Re: How to install Tor Browser Bundle on Peppermint
« Reply #15 on: June 19, 2014, 02:41:13 pm »

I have unsuccessfully tried to install latest Tor Browse Bundle on Peppermint 4. I went through most of the available on line sources. The best I was able to achieve is to install Tor Browser old version 3.5. from repositories. Can you post instructions how to install Tot Browser Bundle from original package file provided by Tor home page?

By the way, a thought to consider.  What about incorporating Tor into Peppermint 5? No OS has done it yet.

HI  _tuter,  how are you doing?  If you are interested in using Tor, maybe you should give Tails Linux a go,  It is a Debian based distro that is built around  Tor and specifically designed to use the Tor-Browser by default. HI  _tuter,  how are you doing?  If you are interested in using Tor, maybe you should give Tails Linux a go,  It is a Debian based distro that is built around  Tor and specifically designed to use the Tor-Browser by default. .  It is easy enough to install to a thumb drive with persistence.  This is a much better and more secure way of using Tor and the Tor Bundles IMHO.  It seems to work really well too.  I hope this helps - have fun  ;)!  It is easy enough to install to a thumb drive with persistence.  This is a much better and more secure way of using Tor and the Tor Bundles IMHO.  It seems to work really well too.  I hope this helps - have fun  ;)!
Hey AndyInMokum,
I have in fact tried Tails before, but I was not a fan of the appearance. Lol. I am in fact a HUGE fan of Pep OS's interface/appearance!! I am more of a visual appeal kind of guy! :D

Thanks for your suggestions and input, they are always welcome!!
_tuter
:) _tuter :)

Offline PCNetSpec

• Administrator
  • Hero
  • "-rw-rw-rw-" .. The Number Of The Beast
    • View Profile
    • PCNetSpec
  • Peppermint version(s): Peppermint 10
Re: How to install Tor Browser Bundle on Peppermint
« Reply #16 on: June 19, 2014, 04:37:09 pm »
Those instructions of mine *DO* work .. I've tested them 3 times now.

Try copy/pasting the commands into a terminal, and if you get ANY errors, STOP, and post the command and the error back here.

Just as a matter of interest, can you post the output from this command:
Code: [Select]
ls -a /opt

If you're unsure how to run the command .. just ask.
WARNING: You are logged into reality as 'root' .. logging in as 'insane' is the only safe option.

Team Peppermint
PCNetSpec