Choose style:

Author Topic: WiFi connection problem - Realtek RTL8188EE Wireless Network Adapter  (Read 796 times)

Offline DrMartinus

• nOOb
  • New Forum User
    • View Profile
  • Peppermint version(s): 6
Hi,

I can't find a solution to this problem: Very erratic behaviour with WLAN connection. I have two other devices (currently I'm not at home) connected to the same network, and they have absolutely no problem. But this Asus EEEPC running PeppermintOS 7 has. Suddenly the network connection fails, and after several attempts to reconnect it eventually even drops all available WiFi networks from the network list. Reboot helps sometimes (like right now), but often not. I'm a bit desperate, because typing lengthier stuff with an Android Tab or an Android Smartphone is hell. For that I brought my nice Netbook with me.  I have tried the solutions offered in  https://forum.peppermintos.com/index.php/topic,3818.0.html, but no luck. When I do the
Code: [Select]
modprobe -r ...
command, I get the notice that wl is not  found.  And also not when doing
modprobe wl
. Secure boot is off, so that couldn't cause the problem. Now, before Internet drops again... I'll read on via my Android Tablet.

Offline PCNetSpec

• Administrator
  • Hero
  • "-rw-rw-rw-" .. The Number Of The Beast
    • View Profile
    • PCNetSpec
  • Peppermint version(s): Peppermint 8R, 9, and 9R
Re: WiFi connection problem - Realtek RTL8188EE Wireless Network Adapter
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2016, 02:49:05 pm »
the "wl" driver is for Broadcom wireless chips not Realtek .. can you post the output from:
lspci -vnn | grep -iA2 net
WARNING: You are logged into reality as 'root' .. logging in as 'insane' is the only safe option.

Team Peppermint
PCNetSpec

Offline Admiral_Smith

• nOOb
  • New Forum User
    • View Profile
  • Peppermint version(s): 7
Re: WiFi connection problem - Realtek RTL8188EE Wireless Network Adapter
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2016, 01:25:10 pm »
I would try finding the linux source code and compiling a custom module.