Offline s4w3d0ff

• Spray and Pray
    • View Profile
    • Github
  • Peppermint version(s): Peppermint 7even 64bit UEFI
Tilda!
« on: August 25, 2016, 08:50:34 pm »
Hey all,

I recently started to play around with the terminal emulator Tilda. If you use guake (or something similar) Tilda is close to the same but "slimmer".

Tilda has all sorts of options and one of them is to 'mount' itself onto the desktop as a widget that is always there.

My issue (not sure if this is a Tilda bug or a Peppermint incompatability) is that even when I set the options (in the GUI config wizard) to "set as desktop window", when I click on the Tilda window (mounted to the desktop) then click anywhere on the empty desktop, the Tidla window disappears (I'm assuming by the desktop wallpaper). If I hit the hide/unhide hotkey <f1> it takes 2 presses to make the Tilda window visable again (Im assuming one <f1> press 'hides' it even tho we can't see it and the second press 'unhides' the window and brings it above the desktop wallpaper).

Anyone have an idea how to fix this? :-\
Linuxize IT!
BTC: 15D8VaZco22GTLVrFMAehXyif6EGf8GMYV

Offline s4w3d0ff

• Spray and Pray
    • View Profile
    • Github
  • Peppermint version(s): Peppermint 7even 64bit UEFI
Re: Tilda!
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2016, 05:31:36 pm »
I did some tweaking to get it to (some what  ::)) behave like it should. It runs a fish shell on start and "sticks" to the desktop but wont stay under other windows (like it should if set_as_desktop = false).

My ~/.config/tilda config looks like this:
Spoiler (click here to view / hide)
[close]

Linuxize IT!
BTC: 15D8VaZco22GTLVrFMAehXyif6EGf8GMYV