Choose style:

Author Topic: Peppermint Team  (Read 2064 times)

Offline VinDSL

• Administrator
  • Hero
  • Peppermint Mod
    • View Profile
  • Peppermint version(s): Developmental Builds
Re: Peppermint Team
« Reply #15 on: August 13, 2016, 07:27:08 am »
It's an eye opener when you make the switch from an old fashioned OS, to a modern one that's made for users, not for shareholders.

True !

When Linux et al. was concentrating on server development, and totally disregarding the desktop, I used a program called Stardock WindowBlinds to make custom skins for Win2K Pro.  Stardock is the company that Microsoft hired to skin winders XP (the beloved Teletubbies GUI with rolling grass hills and blue sky, etc.).

If I had the time, right now, I would point you to some WindowBlinds screenshots that I made around the turn of the century. They look very similar to the modern day Linux desktop.

So, it is possible to make winders look n' feel like a modern OS, but it's still winders under-the-hood, which hasn't changed a lot over the last 15 years ...   ::)

Offline Kdavison

• Newly Subscribed
  • Using GNU/Linux since 10/07/2016
    • View Profile
  • Peppermint version(s): 7
Re: Peppermint Team
« Reply #16 on: August 16, 2016, 01:09:11 am »

+2

I've switched to linux about 2 months ago now, I saw a youtube review so i decided to try it.

I completely agreed with JoeSh, thanks to the Peppermint Team
It's an eye opener when you make the switch from an old fashioned OS, to a modern one that's made for users, not for shareholders.

As Bloch, the main reason of switching to Peppermint OS  was WIndows 10, I tried for a week and it was horrible, so I just did something about it.  8)
"lo que a todos modos hay que intentar, es conservar la voluntad de luchar por una sociedad diferente sin caer en la interpretación paranoide de la lucha. " Estanislao Zuleta