Choose style:

Author Topic: New Epson printer not working WF-2750  (Read 1467 times)

Offline UFOned

• nOOb
  • New Forum User
    • View Profile
  • Peppermint version(s): 7?
New Epson printer not working WF-2750
« on: August 11, 2016, 04:55:33 pm »
I think Skype will have to unfortunately be given the boot.  But one thing I cannot do without is my printer.  My HP7510 on any Linux would be easy to install.  But sadly the new Epson WF-2750 is a stubborn sod.  I have deleted installed time after time trying different settings.  None work.  I have looked down the Linux lists and this model is no where to be seen.  Does anyone else have this model and if so how did you install it and get it going.  It is communicating on the network as when I click on test print it spills out paper but only printing small 'm' on one side of the paper.  Anyone has any ideas please?  It might help me with the Fedora I run on my main computer.  I have to turn everything over to Win10 to print as it can't be done on any of my devices. 

Online AndyInMokum

• Global Moderator
  • Hero
  • "Keep on Rockin' in the Free World"
    • View Profile
  • Peppermint version(s): PM 9 & PM 10 (64-bit)
Re: New Epson printer not working WF-2750
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2016, 05:22:27 pm »
I think Skype will have to unfortunately be given the boot.  But one thing I cannot do without is my printer.  My HP7510 on any Linux would be easy to install.  But sadly the new Epson WF-2750 is a stubborn sod.  I have deleted installed time after time trying different settings.  None work.  I have looked down the Linux lists and this model is no where to be seen.  Does anyone else have this model and if so how did you install it and get it going.  It is communicating on the network as when I click on test print it spills out paper but only printing small 'm' on one side of the paper.  Anyone has any ideas please?  It might help me with the Fedora I run on my main computer.  I have to turn everything over to Win10 to print as it can't be done on any of my devices.
The drivers should be easy to install.  Epson have the installation instructions in this link: Epson WorkForce WF-2750 Driver Download Windows, Mac, Linux.  Follow the installation instructions for Ubuntu and download the .deb file for either 64-bit or 32-bit, depending on your system.  After that download has completed, double click on the .deb and follow the instructions  ;).
Backup! Backup! Backup! If you're missing any of these -  you ain't Backed Up!
For my system info please L/click HERE.