Choose style:

Author Topic: The Future of Peppermint and Wayland  (Read 334 times)

Offline Incandescent

• nOOb
  • New Forum User
    • View Profile
  • Peppermint version(s): Peppermint 7
The Future of Peppermint and Wayland
« on: August 11, 2016, 03:38:27 am »
I'm very much enjoying Peppermints strange mix of DE's. It all works amazingly well together, as if that's how it should been to begin with.

However, I've been curious as to what the Peppermint team plans to do with PeppermintOS once Wayland becomes the standard WM in the far future. Will the LXDE bits be replaced with LXQt or XFCE? Or would the Loki Desktop from the Newt OS project be a viable alternative? Or will Peppermint simply not adopt Wayland at all?

This certainly isn't anything worth worrying about any time soon, but I'm curious nonetheless.  ;D

Offline PCNetSpec

• Administrator
  • Hero
  • "-rw-rw-rw-" .. The Number Of The Beast
    • View Profile
    • PCNetSpec
  • Peppermint version(s): Peppermint 8 (64bit)
Re: The Future of Peppermint and Wayland
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2016, 08:26:21 am »
It's simply too early to say which way we'll go .. I can tell you we have no plans of going LXQt though, but then there's not really much left of LXDE besides lxappearance and lxsession, both of which could be replaced/forked if/when necessary so we have lots of options :)

I'm very much enjoying Peppermints strange mix of DE's. It all works amazingly well together, as if that's how it should been to begin with.

Glad you're liking it .. you can be sure our mix 'n' match the best components approach will continue :)
« Last Edit: August 11, 2016, 08:41:40 am by PCNetSpec »
WARNING: You are logged into reality as 'root' .. logging in as 'insane' is the only safe option.

Team Peppermint
PCNetSpec

Offline grafiksinc

• View Profile
  • Peppermint version(s): 7
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2017, 07:43:13 pm »
This is an older post but, I was wondering what Peppermint's  way forward is? Just curious. ;)

Offline PCNetSpec

• Administrator
  • Hero
  • "-rw-rw-rw-" .. The Number Of The Beast
    • View Profile
    • PCNetSpec
  • Peppermint version(s): Peppermint 8 (64bit)
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2017, 10:46:55 am »
Still to early to tell.
WARNING: You are logged into reality as 'root' .. logging in as 'insane' is the only safe option.

Team Peppermint
PCNetSpec