Choose style:

Author Topic: Forum Recognition  (Read 897 times)

Offline Scott

• New Forum User
    • View Profile
  • Peppermint version(s): Peppermint 8
Forum Recognition
« on: July 29, 2016, 02:56:20 pm »
It's a mystery to me why the Peppermint Forum doesn't get more recognition. As good as the distro is (and I do like it) I dare say that the forum is better. The quality of the forum assitance is easily beyond simple linux help. In many cases it's practically linux computer support and the forum is so well maintained that I routinely use many posts as reference information long into the future. This forum resource combined with the exceptional distro is what makes Peppermint so good for me.

Online zebedeeboss

• Global Moderator
  • Hero
  • Life first... Peppermint a close 2nd :)
    • View Profile
  • Peppermint version(s): P10 / P9 Respin
Re: Forum Recognition
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2016, 03:08:21 pm »
It's a mystery to me why the Peppermint Forum doesn't get more recognition. As good as the distro is (and I do like it) I dare say that the forum is better. The quality of the forum assitance is easily beyond simple linux help. In many cases it's practically linux computer support and the forum is so well maintained that I routinely use many posts as reference information long into the future. This forum resource combined with the exceptional distro is what makes Peppermint so good for me.

Here Here Scott   +1
Be Kind Whenever Possible...   It is Always Possible - Dalai Lama

Linux User #565092
P10 x64 Desktop - AMD Threadrippe 2950X - 64Gb RAM - NVIDIA RTX2080Ti 11Gb - 1 x 43" 1 x 27" 4k 3840x2160 - 1 x 34" 5120x2160
P10 x64 Laptop - i7-7700HQ - 8Gb RAM - Nvidia GTX1050 4Gb - 15.6" HD 1920x1080

Offline PCNetSpec

• Administrator
  • Hero
  • "-rw-rw-rw-" .. The Number Of The Beast
    • View Profile
    • PCNetSpec
  • Peppermint version(s): Peppermint 10
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2016, 03:27:28 pm »
Cheers for that Scott, I'm pretty sure I can talk for the whole team and indeed the wider Peppermint community when I say 'it's the occasional post like this that makes it all worthwhile and very satisfying' :)

I've said it before but it's worth repeating, we're blessed with some great people on this forum .. so let me echo your sentiments .. Well done Peppermint Community, you're what makes Peppermint great.

TVM :)
« Last Edit: July 29, 2016, 03:30:35 pm by PCNetSpec »
WARNING: You are logged into reality as 'root' .. logging in as 'insane' is the only safe option.

Team Peppermint
PCNetSpec

Offline scifidude79

• Global Moderator
  • Hero
    • View Profile
  • Peppermint version(s): Peppermint 9
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2016, 06:58:48 pm »
It has been mentioned in the past, especially back in the Peppermint One and Two days.  The forum was actually praised in some articles for being a place where you can ask just about anything and get a quick response, plus this forum has never tolerated bullies.  Someone tried the "I'm smarter than you so I'm going to code bomb you" deal that you see elsewhere back in the early days, and they were quickly chastised by the staff.

However, as time goes by, I think it's just become the norm and one of those things that it's easy for people to overlook when doing news, reviews, etc.  I personally think this forum is one of the greatest strengths of the OS.  That's why, with all of the Linux distros I've tried over the years, some of which I've even joined the forums, this is the one I've stuck with and the only one on whose forum I'm active.  It's a great forum, truly indicative of the OS as a whole.  :)

Offline walter

• New Forum User
    • View Profile
  • Peppermint version(s): Peppermint 8 Respin (64-bit)
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2016, 05:05:37 am »
It's a great forum, truly indicative of the OS as a whole.

+1

Offline PCNetSpec

• Administrator
  • Hero
  • "-rw-rw-rw-" .. The Number Of The Beast
    • View Profile
    • PCNetSpec
  • Peppermint version(s): Peppermint 10
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2016, 09:11:06 am »
+ Another 1 :)
WARNING: You are logged into reality as 'root' .. logging in as 'insane' is the only safe option.

Team Peppermint
PCNetSpec

Offline AndyInMokum

• Global Moderator
  • Hero
  • "Keep on Rockin' in the Free World"
    • View Profile
  • Peppermint version(s): PM 9 & PM 8 Respin-2 (64-bit)
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2016, 09:43:50 am »
Well said Scott  ;).  The forum is just as important as the OS itself.  Whether it be for the casual visitor, or for the Peppermint die hards.  The level of assistance is consistently excellent for everyone.  I believe the quality and style of any forum gives the user a pretty good idea of how the distro is going to behave  ;).
Backup! Backup! Backup! If you're missing any of these -  you ain't Backed Up!
For my system info please L/click HERE.