Choose style:

Author Topic: Access Flash Drive Connected to Asus Router USB Port -SOLVED  (Read 1376 times)

Offline jlschwartz

• Trusted User
  • Forum User
    • View Profile
  • Peppermint version(s): Peppermint 10 - 64bit
I am unable to access a folder on my usb flash drive that is attached to the usb port on my Asus router with Peppermint 6 or 7.  I can access the flash drive without any problem with Windows 10.  The P7 system sees the flash drive on the network, and its folders.  It then asks for the password to access it.  I input the router username and password but then the it goes right back to the same screen asking for my username and password.  The top of the screen box says the following: Password required for shared uploads (at sbd1) on rt-n66u-0858.  The screen asks for username, Domain, and password.  Any ideas would be appreciated.  Thanks.  :-\
« Last Edit: July 21, 2016, 10:19:00 am by jlschwartz »

Offline PCNetSpec

• Administrator
  • Hero
  • "-rw-rw-rw-" .. The Number Of The Beast
    • View Profile
    • PCNetSpec
  • Peppermint version(s): Peppermint 10
Re: Access Flash Drive Connected to Asus Router USB Port.
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2016, 09:20:13 am »
Does the router allow you to set "guest" or "anonymous" access to the samba shared USB drive .. or set a user/pass for it ?

Here's my router settings screen for the samba shared USB drive .. as you can see, I can either add a user (easiest to use the same username and login as Peppermint), or allow anonymous access (which is probably your best bet).

(click image to enlarge)
« Last Edit: July 18, 2016, 09:30:19 am by PCNetSpec »
WARNING: You are logged into reality as 'root' .. logging in as 'insane' is the only safe option.

Team Peppermint
PCNetSpec

Offline jlschwartz

• Trusted User
  • Forum User
    • View Profile
  • Peppermint version(s): Peppermint 10 - 64bit
Re: Access Flash Drive Connected to Asus Router USB Port.
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2016, 03:12:11 pm »
The only way I can access my flash drive with linux is to tell the asus router to allow guest access.  It works that way.  Otherwise, it will only work with windows.  Not sure why.