Choose style:

Author Topic: Firefox and Seamonkey [reSOLVED]  (Read 812 times)

Offline spence

• Trusted User
  • Veteran
  • peppermint user since 2010
    • View Profile
    • My MeWe profile
  • Peppermint version(s): Peppermint 10
Firefox and Seamonkey [reSOLVED]
« on: June 30, 2016, 12:49:18 pm »
g'morning... i've installed the Seamonkey ppa this morning in order to get all of my various e'mail providers back in one place how i like them. Yes I know gmail will helpfully do that, but well... thanks but no thanks...

has anyone had any known issues with having Firefox and Seamonkey installed in a single profile?

i wonder myself, though i think i already know the answer, if Seamonkey has the capability to take over SSBs from Firefox. I've been trying to warm up to FX... but am about to delete it again. If Seamonkey can't handle SSBs, then I'll check the threads for how to transfer all SSbs to Chromium.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2016, 02:03:41 pm by spence »
spence
PeppermintOS 10 currently installed  on:
'16 Antec Aria rebuild
 '18 Asus VivoBook

Do not despair, grasshopper...
    with patience all will be revealed...
       Through pain, enlightenment will come.

Offline spence

• Trusted User
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
    • My MeWe profile
Re: Firefox and Seamonkey
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2016, 02:03:11 pm »
15 days of having Firefox and Seamonkey installed side by side with no corruption issues are leading me to mark this resolved...
spence
'16 Antec Aria rebuild
 '18 Asus VivoBook

Offline scifidude79

• Global Moderator
  • Hero
    • View Profile
  • Peppermint version(s): Peppermint 9
Re: Firefox and Seamonkey [reSOLVED]
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2016, 02:06:39 pm »
That's good to know.  I was unsure how to answer this when you first asked, because I don't remember if I ever had both installed at the same time.  However, I don't think FF and Seamonkey "share" any folders.  I think they're completely separate and barely even acknowledge each others' existence, despite both being made by Mozilla.

Offline spence

• Trusted User
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
    • My MeWe profile
Re: Firefox and Seamonkey [reSOLVED]
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2016, 11:26:48 pm »
That's good to know.  I was unsure how to answer this when you first asked, because I don't remember if I ever had both installed at the same time.  However, I don't think FF and Seamonkey "share" any folders.  I think they're completely separate and barely even acknowledge each others' existence, despite both being made by Mozilla.

Only reason I asked was; I noticed the profiles for Firefox & Seamonkey both defaulted to the hidden .mozilla folder... But I found no trouble running them both side by side since p7 was released... I really still can't find a liking for Firefox, but have left it alone while rebuilding after the switch to SSD.

Today I decided to install SRWare Iron instead of Chromium for a bit... operating only in Incognito mode... not logging into my Google accounts... Just testing a few things along the way as I rebuild, it does move rather slowly after a bit, or perhaps just the webpages I'm usually on ello.co, g+ and facebook which seems to be straining under the load lately....
« Last Edit: October 08, 2016, 04:26:04 pm by spence »
spence
'16 Antec Aria rebuild
 '18 Asus VivoBook