Author Topic: Linux Applications - A good read  (Read 1062 times)

Offline grafiksinc

• Developer
    • View Profile
  • Peppermint version(s): --Debian--
Linux Applications - A good read
« on: January 22, 2018, 03:06:53 pm »
Ran across this today, - I know I sure do miss a few packages that have went the way of electron or flatpak.  Some days you feel like you see less and less .deb packages around. Which is sad because in some cases I feel like the quality has gone down much in the way it happened when you saw the over-saturation of mobile applications. :(

http://www.omgubuntu.co.uk/2018/01/new-native-linux-apps

Offline christianvl

• The Wheel weaves as the Wheel wills
    • View Profile
  • Peppermint version(s): 9
Re: Linux Applications - A good read
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2018, 04:07:08 am »
Nice reading. I'm all in with Ice and SSB. Have a browser installed and you're good to go. IMO, that's the way we will be using our computer "apps" in the future. I use it for most of my computing needs.

Enviado de meu Quantum Fly usando Tapatalk

There are neither beginnings or endings to the turning of the Wheel of Time. But it was a beginning.

Offline grafiksinc

• Developer
    • View Profile
  • Peppermint version(s): --Debian--
Re: Linux Applications - A good read
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2018, 04:34:40 am »
I agree with you.... ICE grew on me.  ;) overtime  I am luvin it now 8).
I do use it for most of my needs as well, except for IDEs and text editors and my music player  :D.

With the exception of PGAdmin 4 that is an ICE app for me.
The quality on that web interface is really nice. 
Sometimes,  you would not know you are using a web browser..... even still though...... there have been a few annoyances with it because of the web interface.

I know one thing........ since some of the applications I use,  have moved to FlatPak they don't always get updated like the native ones did,  in some cases I get an email letting me know and I need to go get the update myself.