Choose style:

Author Topic: Robolinux now FREE to install  (Read 1897 times)

Offline VinDSL

• Global Moderator
  • Hero
  • Peppermint Mod
    • View Profile
  • Peppermint version(s): Developmental Builds
Re: Robolinux now FREE to install
« Reply #15 on: June 20, 2016, 10:45:22 pm »
Hell, even Microshaft doesn't give the home user much in the way of support.  Usually, you wind up on that retarded M$ "Help" website finding "fixes" to every problem but the one you're having until you get pissed and either hit a forum (theirs or another tech forum) or find a video on YouTube showing you how to apply a minor hack to fix your issue.  I mean, it's either that or call and get some dude who claims to be Kevin from California, but his heavy accent tells you his name probably isn't Kevin and he sure as hell ain't from Cali.  Then you have to put up with him patronizing you on the other end of the line while you desperately try to 1. explain to him that you're not a complete moron and 2. try to figure out what the hell he's trying to tell you to do.  ::)

"Hello, and welcome to Microsoft Support.  My name is Edward.  How may you help me ?"   :-\

Offline Timo

• Open Source is more than the sum of its bytes
    • View Profile
  • Peppermint version(s): PM7 Respin (64bit) & PM8 (64bit)
« Reply #16 on: June 21, 2016, 12:35:12 am »
Is M$ really the standart :-\ With their hotfixes that are necessary to make some features or hardware work which never makes it into the updates... instead the updates are used for other crap, sometimes for your security and sometimes for those thinking your the security issue...

Offline PCNetSpec

• Administrator
  • Hero
  • "-rw-rw-rw-" .. The Number Of The Beast
    • View Profile
    • PCNetSpec
  • Peppermint version(s): Peppermint 8R, 9, and 9R
« Reply #17 on: June 21, 2016, 05:04:17 am »
I'm not getting involved now we're onto Microsoft updates:-

a) Posting about them might slow down the Peppermint server for 12 hours

b) Cause it to reboot multiple times

c) Make me b*tch like a girly for hours
WARNING: You are logged into reality as 'root' .. logging in as 'insane' is the only safe option.

Team Peppermint
PCNetSpec

Offline scifidude79

• Global Moderator
  • Hero
    • View Profile
  • Peppermint version(s): Peppermint 9
« Reply #18 on: June 21, 2016, 09:22:18 am »
"Hello, and welcome to Microsoft Support.  My name is Edward.  How may you help me ?"   :-\

Exactly.

Is M$ really the standart :-\ With their hotfixes that are necessary to make some features or hardware work which never makes it into the updates... instead the updates are used for other crap, sometimes for your security and sometimes for those thinking your the security issue...

The standard on how not to do things.  I only used them as an example because it's one of the biggest known and biggest used cases of paid OS with "support" that's allegedly part of the fee.  However, their support for home users sucks, because nobody who offers paid support really gives a crap about home users.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2016, 09:24:16 am by scifidude79 »