Choose style:

Author Topic: Who is PCNetSpec?  (Read 1822 times)

Offline Alex

• View Profile
Re: Who is PCNetSpec?
« Reply #15 on: April 24, 2016, 01:54:56 pm »
I know it's a crazy question. I always think "wtf" when i see his avatar.  :D :D Sorry, i'm curious about PcNetSpec. But, ok. It doesn't matter who.
In internet we can be anyone. Nothing wrong.
Great forum and great support.
Cheers.

Online zebedeeboss

• Global Moderator
  • Hero
  • Life first... Peppermint a close 2nd :)
    • View Profile
  • Peppermint version(s): P10 Beta / P9 Respin
Re: Who is PCNetSpec? [An Unsolvable Mystery]
« Reply #16 on: April 24, 2016, 02:14:44 pm »
For clarity concerning the word "Crackerjack" --since the meaning of words morph all of the time:  I'm going with the British sense of meaning here --which means "something (or someone) approaching perfection."

To paraphrase a late Chinese military leader/political philosopher, "Improved practice makes improved theory, and improved theory makes improved practice.  And although we may never have perfect practice or perfect theory, we can have practice and theory that is good enough."

From everything I can see, Peppermint forum more than exceeds what is "good enough".  This forum is extraordinary.  And I credit PCNetSpec for setting much of the tone and feel of our forum to his efforts.  I can't imagine, nor have I found, a better place to spend my time online than right here in Peppermint forum.  ;)

Sorry to dissappoint but being an Englishman I immediately think of a crackerjack as a Fruity Loop   :o  someone who is not all there, A Pork Pie short of a Picnic as we say...  and that hardly does PCNetSpec justice.   It just goes to show that like Linux... in English language you get many flavours...   Lets just say that where I come from he is a "Diamond Geezer"
Be Kind Whenever Possible...   It is Always Possible - Dalai Lama

Linux User #565092
P10 Beta x64 Desktop - i7-6700K @ 4.00GHz - 32Gb RAM - NVIDIA GTX1070ti 8Gb - 2 x 27" 4k 3840x2160 - 1 x 34" 5120x2160
P9 Respin x64 Laptop - i7-7700HQ @ 2.80GHz - 8Gb RAM - Nvidia GTX1050 4Gb - 15.6" HD 1920x1080

Offline Alex

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 24, 2016, 02:36:55 pm »
[An Unsolvable Mystery]   ;D ;D
Be a good person but don't waste time to prove it.
PcNetSpec and his team makes a good work. I wish the best for Peppermint OS in the future.

Offline rjm65

• Veteran
  • I have Peppermint Fresh Breath. :P
    • View Profile
  • Peppermint version(s): Win-98 /Win-7/ Peppermint 9
« Reply #18 on: April 24, 2016, 03:22:13 pm »
Crackerjack to me means caramel popcorn in a box with a prize at the bottom...  LOL   :P

Robert
Peppermint 9 User

Gateway Solo 9300 Pro
IBM T40

Online VinDSL

• Global Moderator
  • Hero
  • Peppermint Mod
    • View Profile
  • Peppermint version(s): Developmental Builds
« Reply #19 on: April 24, 2016, 03:49:34 pm »
Heh !

Sailor Jack and Bingo - I forgot all about them.   ;D

Offline scifidude79

• Global Moderator
  • Hero
    • View Profile
  • Peppermint version(s): Peppermint 9
« Reply #20 on: April 25, 2016, 10:39:42 am »
Crackerjack to me means caramel popcorn in a box with a prize at the bottom...  LOL   :P

They don't do the prizes inside anymore.  Now it's a QR code.  ::)

Online PCNetSpec

• Administrator
  • Hero
  • "-rw-rw-rw-" .. The Number Of The Beast
    • View Profile
    • PCNetSpec
  • Peppermint version(s): Peppermint 8R, 9, and 9R
« Reply #21 on: April 25, 2016, 11:09:49 am »
They stopped toys and things in foods (such as cereals) in the 80's over here .. no doubt listening to the "health and safety" people  ::)

I mean it's not as though kids were dropping dead by the thousands in the 70's

Why do we listen to these people who obviously come out with this stuff to justify their jobs .. what was wrong with common sense .. heck a lot of local councils even took swings and slides out of kids parks for a while because they might hurt themselves and sue ::)

Okay political soap-boxing over....
WARNING: You are logged into reality as 'root' .. logging in as 'insane' is the only safe option.

Team Peppermint
PCNetSpec

Offline scifidude79

• Global Moderator
  • Hero
    • View Profile
  • Peppermint version(s): Peppermint 9
« Reply #22 on: April 25, 2016, 11:17:34 am »
They still sometimes have stuff inside cereal over here, it's just wrapped in plastic and outside of the bag that the cereal is in, between the cereal bag and the box.  Though, other times it's a QR code or stuff where you have to send away so many UPCs, etc.  I don't think there were any safety concerns with any of it, anything no longer inside the cereal or Crackerjack boxes is just due to somebody being cheap.