Author Topic: auto logout (SOLVED)  (Read 2469 times)

Offline PCNetSpec

• Administrator
  • Hero
  • "-rw-rw-rw-" .. The Number Of The Beast
    • View Profile
    • PCNetSpec
  • Peppermint version(s): Peppermint 10
Re: auto logout
« Reply #15 on: April 15, 2016, 06:13:53 am »
For me users-switch doesn't even save the open browser .. maybe some change I've made to my system though.
WARNING: You are logged into reality as 'root' .. logging in as 'insane' is the only safe option.

Team Peppermint
PCNetSpec

Offline emegra

• Administrator
  • Veteran
  • New Forum User
    • View Profile
  • Peppermint version(s): Peppermint 10 64bit
Re: auto logout
« Reply #16 on: April 15, 2016, 07:08:37 am »
Been messing about with When-Command on my work PC and got it working by following Slim Fatz instructions I understand it now and it's a fantastic program, I placed the script in /usr/bin and it works perfect.

just one odd thing I have 3 command choices pkill x, lxsession logout & lxsession user-switch all of them initiate except lxsession logout only takes me to the logout menu whereas if I type straight into the terminal it actually logs out so I've settled on lxsession user-switch so now I think I could mark this solved

Many thanks to Mark & Slim Fatz for your help

Graeme
If you can keep your head while all around are losing theirs then you're not quite grasping the situation

Online Slim.Fatz

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
  • Where's the mouse?
    • View Profile
  • Peppermint version(s): Peppermint 7, 8.5 & 10 - 64bit
Re: auto logout (SOLVED)
« Reply #17 on: April 15, 2016, 07:26:14 am »
Hi Graeme,

Congratulations and good job!  8)

You mentioned not being sure what to put in the Working Folder field of the Edit Task page. This is only needed in special circumstances (one of which is mentioned in the tutorial (found here) in the example named Housekeeping near the middle of the page). As far as I can tell, you can leave this blank for your task.

Basically it can come in handy if you create scripts that can be re-used but each use requires starting the task in a specific folder (as in the Houskeeping example in the tutorial). Then you would create a number of uniquely named tasks, each using the same script but each having a different Working Folder value. Then when the when-command program starts one of the tasks it will read the value of the Working Folder field for that specific task and automatically start it in the correct folder.

I'm glad that you like using the when-command program.  :)

Regards,

-- Slim

« Last Edit: April 15, 2016, 07:29:22 am by Slim.Fatz »
Respect science, respect nature, respect each other.

Tread lightly: Fluxbox, JWM, i3, Openbox, awesome