Choose style:

Author Topic: No Swap on new install?  (Read 2514 times)

Offline PCNetSpec

• Administrator
  • Hero
  • "-rw-rw-rw-" .. The Number Of The Beast
    • View Profile
    • PCNetSpec
  • Peppermint version(s): Peppermint 10
Re: No Swap on new install?
« Reply #15 on: April 18, 2016, 06:56:32 pm »
Sorry but with the work on PM7 I'm suffering a bit of a time deficit at the moment .. I'm struggling to find enough time to assist people with "critical" problems.

Add to that 4 days of barely being able to move without agony (back went again :'( ), and hopefully you'll understand I'm not dismissing your problem, just having to prioritise at the moment ;)
« Last Edit: April 18, 2016, 07:28:12 pm by PCNetSpec »
WARNING: You are logged into reality as 'root' .. logging in as 'insane' is the only safe option.

Team Peppermint
PCNetSpec

Offline Brotherred

• No0b
    • View Profile
  • Peppermint version(s): Pep 8 on 386, Pep 9 on AMD 64
« Reply #16 on: April 19, 2016, 10:28:25 pm »
Oh your fine, keep at PM7 for sure. The thing is that I did just re-install again. Trying to figure out my swap in the re-set of my system is really something else. Now after deleting the partition table from this drive and then rebuilding those partitions for this fresh install... I now see I am back right where I was for no other reason than for the fact that I choose to encrypt my /home. You asked a while ago about "why the encrypted swap". I can say with out reservation, the sole reason for me to have encrypted swap on this Laptop is for the fact that I clicked the box to encrypt my /home in a LIVE installation process. I think that is exactly what I did before and why I am exactly back where I was with the very same issue. I did choose to go with a /Dropbox partition at the same time so that was part of it.  But I REALLY don't want to re-install a third time just now.

So what do I do now? I would be in favor of removing the encryption from my /home and swap now post install. If that is easier than figuring out my cryptoswap.

Regards

Oh I did not know about your back. Thanx for sharing.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2016, 10:31:04 pm by Brotherred »
"Those that don't know pay for it. My currency is pride"

Offline Brotherred

• No0b
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 20, 2016, 01:48:38 am »
https://peppermintos.com/release-notes/
Electing to encrypt your home folder during the installation process results in the system not presenting a mount key upon first boot. Running the command ecryptfs-unwrap-passphrase and entering your system password will result in the presentation of the key. If a fix for this surfaces, we'll issue a respin of the ISO with the fix as soon as possible.

OK well this looks like the key, no pun intended. I have a bad habit of not reading the Release Notes. So now that I have the passphrase where do I put it?

Offline Brotherred

• No0b
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 22, 2016, 12:07:38 am »
For whatever reason I did not see the prompt requesting the passphrase but only that I was given one. Now I try to enter it and it is rejected.