Choose style:

Author Topic: how do I get HD 530 graphics working correctly on Peppermint OS 6? (SOLVED)  (Read 2530 times)

Offline PCNetSpec

• Administrator
  • Hero
  • "-rw-rw-rw-" .. The Number Of The Beast
    • View Profile
    • PCNetSpec
  • Peppermint version(s): Peppermint 10
It's like this - Installing the LTS Enablement Stack doesn't REQUIRE the cleanup (it doesn't hurt for the old stuff to be left behind), and the cleanup process will be different for everyone, and get it wrong and there's a HIGH probability of a broken system.

With that in mind, no "official" tutorial will likely be published because the distro will then have to SUPPORT the process (and the inevitable broken systems) .. I only did it here because it was a one-to-one exchange where I could get you to provide your particular and precise system configuration ;)

In any case, you're most welcome  my friend :)
« Last Edit: March 11, 2016, 01:29:50 pm by PCNetSpec »
WARNING: You are logged into reality as 'root' .. logging in as 'insane' is the only safe option.

Team Peppermint
PCNetSpec

Offline snide

• nOOb
  • Old Experimenter
    • View Profile
  • Peppermint version(s): 9
PCNetSpec, sorry to append a solved thread, but I think this may be related to the cleanup. This is my update list today:

I noticed the linux-libc-dev package had a version number that corresponds to an old kernel - should I remove that also, or will that break something?
Thanks.

Offline PCNetSpec

• Administrator
  • Hero
  • "-rw-rw-rw-" .. The Number Of The Beast
    • View Profile
    • PCNetSpec
  • Peppermint version(s): Peppermint 10
NO that's fine as it is (and should be showing 3.13 not 3.16), leave it installed.

You  no longer need to be watching for package versions :)
WARNING: You are logged into reality as 'root' .. logging in as 'insane' is the only safe option.

Team Peppermint
PCNetSpec