Author Topic: Peppermint 6 usb installation problem on new lenovo ideapad 100-15idb (SOLVED)  (Read 2335 times)

Offline damig

• PeppermintOS daily user
    • View Profile
  • Peppermint version(s): 8
Hi guys and happy new year!

bought this new laptop and am experiencing difficulties installing p6 64bit version on it. Tried the 32bit version but this one just loops the boot sequence endlessly.
When I choose to install after "trying live" it ends with a 'grub 2' installation error. Tried several times to no avail.
When I choose "install p6" it informs about an error and inability to proceed with the installation so it will just load the desktop, but it freezes instead
When I choose "check disk for errors" it ends with 'press any key to reboot' but freezes when any key is pressed.
I checked with gparted after unsuccessful install and what's strange are the partitions created: fat32 (boot), ext4, swap and unallocated one, even after I delete all of them
I'm using wired internet and here's the 'inxi' ouput:
Spoiler (click here to view / hide)
[close]
and the 'fdisk -l':
Spoiler (click here to view / hide)
[close]
i hope you guys are willing to help
I got another new laptop (acer aspire es1-531) but this one can't even run the liveusb and I will open a new topic after I sortout this one first
« Last Edit: January 06, 2016, 06:56:48 am by damig »

Offline damig

• PeppermintOS daily user
    • View Profile
  • Peppermint version(s): 8
Re: Peppermint 6 usb installation problem(s) on new lenovo ideapad 100-15idb
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2016, 06:02:29 am »
solved by implementing the 'msdos partition table' solution found here: http://forum.peppermintos.com/index.php/topic,2562.msg25346.html#msg25346
« Last Edit: January 06, 2016, 09:17:31 am by damig »