Choose style:

Author Topic: Every Web Browser failing on Yahoo Fantasy Sports?  (Read 2031 times)

Offline Brotherred

• No0b
    • View Profile
  • Peppermint version(s): Pep 8 on 386, Pep 9 on AMD 64
Every Web Browser failing on Yahoo Fantasy Sports?
« on: August 16, 2014, 07:27:57 pm »
I do not even know how to categorize this or if it is a problem with my computer or Yahoo.

Every browser natively installed on Peppermint fails on Yahoo Fantasy. No matter what I do in Fire Fox, Chromium, or Chrome. Yahoo Fantasy says that I am running IE8 and so the page will not load properly. I have even tried the page on my phone where Fire Fox and Chrome do the same thing. Now I might see that FF would do the same thing on both platforms as I have them synced. But not every browser on both platforms. And I do not log in to Chrome for that feature.

I have asked another user of the site if he was having the same problem and he was not. He was using Mageia with Cinnamon desktop and Firefox. Anyway this is strange. Can some one tell me if it is even an issue with the computer and what to do about it?

I do have wine installed and IE8 installed on it but have not used it on Yahoo. I also have installed my user agent switcher from Fire Fox.
"Those that don't know pay for it. My currency is pride"

Offline 10i

• Trusted User
  • Peppermint Enthusiast
    • View Profile
    • My Peppermint Blog
  • Peppermint version(s): Peppermint 10 - 64 bit
Re: Every Web Browser failing on Yahoo Fantasy Sports?
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2014, 03:50:28 am »
Hi there, trying to see if I can open the page you are struggling with. Is it: http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/

I am able to load the page without hassles, using Chromium. Haven't installed any other browsers. I am running PlayOnLinux and Wine, but they were not open when I went to Yahoo!

Hopefully someone has a few suggestions.
Running Peppermint 8- 64 bit on my Lenovo i3 laptop.

View my Linux blog:  http://myiceadventure.blogspot.com

Offline Brotherred

• No0b
    • View Profile
  • Peppermint version(s): Pep 8 on 386, Pep 9 on AMD 64
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2014, 08:33:23 pm »
I should have said that I have un-installed the user agent switcher, when I found that I was having issues with my browser's identity. Anyway Please someone help.

And yes that is the correct url.
"Those that don't know pay for it. My currency is pride"

Offline PCNetSpec

• Administrator
  • Hero
  • "-rw-rw-rw-" .. The Number Of The Beast
    • View Profile
    • PCNetSpec
  • Peppermint version(s): Peppermint 10
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2014, 12:32:05 pm »
Any quick way to test this without having to join anything ?
WARNING: You are logged into reality as 'root' .. logging in as 'insane' is the only safe option.

Team Peppermint
PCNetSpec