Choose style:

Author Topic: wireless mouse not always responsive  (Read 1343 times)

Offline WaltH

• Know Enough To Be Dangerous
    • View Profile
  • Peppermint version(s): Peppermint OS 7 64-bit
wireless mouse not always responsive
« on: October 29, 2015, 12:11:58 am »
I have a Logitech wireless USB mouse, Model M505, and it recently has become somewhat unresponsive. Sometimes, I have to click on something several times before whatever I've clicked on responds (such as Internet links). At other times, I click on something to select it, and it briefly selects then unselects whatever I've clicked on (a word, a link, the Like function on Facebook, etc.)

The mouse worked just fine when I first installed Peppermint 6, and I've put in new batteries, so I am not sure what's going on or what to try next. I tried an Internet search, but I'm not really sure what to look for, and what I did find was not any help. Any help and all suggestions is welcome. Thanks.

Offline PCNetSpec

• Administrator
  • Hero
  • "-rw-rw-rw-" .. The Number Of The Beast
    • View Profile
    • PCNetSpec
  • Peppermint version(s): Peppermint 10
Re: wireless mouse not always responsive
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2015, 08:23:05 am »
To rule out the hardware, can you verify it works properly when running from a LiveCD/LiveUSB
WARNING: You are logged into reality as 'root' .. logging in as 'insane' is the only safe option.

Team Peppermint
PCNetSpec

Offline WaltH

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2015, 11:14:49 am »
To rule out the hardware, can you verify it works properly when running from a LiveCD/LiveUSB
It seems to work a bit better from the LiveCD, but it still acts up. I've changed batteries, which did not help. I've switched to the cheap wired USB mouse that came with my system for the time being, though I miss my wireless mouse. (Besides being wireless, it also has a heavier, better constructed feel.)  :(

Offline scifidude79

• Global Moderator
  • Hero
    • View Profile
  • Peppermint version(s): Peppermint 9
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2015, 11:29:04 am »
It could be dying.  Or, it could be it simply doesn't get along with the current kernel used by Peppermint.  Though, since you say it worked at first and it has issues with the LiveCD now, it's probably not kernel related, as you've likely updated the kernel on your system since installation.

I had an M510 that started getting fluttery and having other issues too, even with new/charged batteries.  It wasn't even 3 years old.  I don't think Logitech's quality is what it once was.

Offline WaltH

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2015, 11:31:11 am »
It could be dying.  Or, it could be it simply doesn't get along with the current kernel used by Peppermint.  Though, since you say it worked at first and it has issues with the LiveCD now, it's probably not kernel related, as you've likely updated the kernel on your system since installation.

I had an M510 that started getting fluttery and having other issues too, even with new/charged batteries.  It wasn't even 3 years old.  I don't think Logitech's quality is what it once was.
That is likely the problem. Oh, well. Thanks anyway.