Choose style:

Author Topic: New First-Person Shooter Will Lock Out Your Steam Account When You Die  (Read 1933 times)

Offline sskarma

• View Profile
  • Peppermint version(s): Peppermint 6 32-bit

Offline scifidude79

• Global Moderator
  • Hero
    • View Profile
  • Peppermint version(s): Peppermint 9
Re: New First-Person Shooter Will Lock Out Your Steam Account When You Die
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2015, 01:08:37 am »
It's Windows only trash anyway, so I already voted "no" on it last week, but I'd be surprised if it gets Greenlit at all.  Many of the comments are in the negative range, given that you basically pay $10 for one life.  That's too much to pay for a game where one stupid mistake can lock you out of playing it forever.  I don't know what the devs are smoking, but I don't see this going anywhere.  Nobody is that much of a hardcore gamer.

Offline sskarma

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2015, 12:18:19 pm »
Truly Said. nobody's paying money every time they get killed. This is so stupid. But good attempt by developers to make some extra cash :P

Offline scifidude79

• Global Moderator
  • Hero
    • View Profile
  • Peppermint version(s): Peppermint 9
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2015, 02:08:56 am »
Plus, you know what will wind up happening.  Groups of gamers will just create gangs/clans that protect each other and keep each other alive, while simultaneously killing any hapless new users they come across.  It sounds like the worst gaming experience imaginable.  Plus, then there's the whole thing of:  what if you die due to a bug?  ::)

Offline sskarma

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2015, 11:30:42 am »
They may not kill you but they can humiliate you, forgive you or make you work for them :D I call that cyber bullying :P Besides, sooner or later some hackers will come up with patches or mods and mess the whole game up. And the company would love to have such bugs in the game. the more the bugs, the more cash they earn