Choose style:

Author Topic: Lincity NG  (Read 2062 times)

Offline sskarma

• View Profile
  • Peppermint version(s): Peppermint 6 32-bit
Lincity NG
« on: October 13, 2015, 12:49:24 am »
hi gamers! ;)

I have been playing a simulation game called "Lincity NG" and loving it so far. Fans of simulation games like SimCity must give it a try. It is available on the software Center :)

It is a very small game in size but practically, unlimited in applying your imagination. I haven't finished playing any random map/scenario yet but i saw you can build monuments and buildings to increase a resource called "tech" and more tech unlocks more new buildings. Eventually, when you have high enough tech, you can create a space ship and send the population off planet. cool, huh? ;) :)

Just sharing a screenshot I found on Google images (the city I created is too messy to be shown :P)

And I almost forgot to add that it's a quite challenging game. you have to keep track of your population, pollution, jobs, food, goods, ore, coal, money etc. or things will start going downhill. Sometimes, when food gets scarce, your population starts dying of starvation.

Update: Thanks to Scifidude79 for pointing out my error. I forgot to add "NG" after "Lincity". Corrected :)
« Last Edit: October 13, 2015, 10:23:29 am by sk_sarma »

Online PCNetSpec

• Administrator
  • Hero
  • "-rw-rw-rw-" .. The Number Of The Beast
    • View Profile
    • PCNetSpec
  • Peppermint version(s): Peppermint 8R, 9, and 9R
Re: Lincity
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2015, 07:57:32 am »
Hmm .. kinda makes you wonder if the team that makes the Ubuntu Unity dock bar play this game a lot doesn't it  :o
WARNING: You are logged into reality as 'root' .. logging in as 'insane' is the only safe option.

Team Peppermint
PCNetSpec

Offline sskarma

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2015, 08:08:47 am »
lol yeah it looks a lot like the unity sidebar :D Maybe this game was "aimed" at Ubuntu users :P

Offline scifidude79

• Global Moderator
  • Hero
    • View Profile
  • Peppermint version(s): Peppermint 9
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2015, 09:28:39 am »
Just to be clear for anybody looking for this in the repositories, that's Lincity NG.  The package is called lincity-ng.  I say this because there's also a package called Lincity, which is more like the original SimCity.  Just FYI.

Yes, Lincity NG is a fun and challenging game.  I was playing it a bit a while back.  One of these days, I'm going to get on there and start a city that I feel like keeping.  Most of mine wind up being duds.  ;)

Offline sskarma

• View Profile
Re: Lincity NG
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2015, 10:26:34 am »
Thank you Scifidude79 for letting me know that I had missed the term "NG" after "Lincity". I have corrected it now :)

I need some online reading to Crack this game because I always have population dying of starvation. I have to be extremely careful with the application of markets :)  there is some nice background music too in the game.

Offline scifidude79

• Global Moderator
  • Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2015, 09:36:54 am »
Tomorrow and Friday are my days off this week, maybe I'll try making a city.   8)

Offline sskarma

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2015, 11:59:53 am »
Will it be called "Peppermint City"? ;)

Offline scifidude79

• Global Moderator
  • Hero
    • View Profile